[SOLVED] cssmenu_ulshadow.tpl and context highlighting

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
postiffm
Forum Members
Forum Members

[SOLVED] cssmenu_ulshadow.tpl and context highlighting

Post by postiffm »

CMS 1.9.1, PHP 5.2.13

I am using a CMS-provided menu:

When I select most of the options, the menu does some nice "context highlighting" to show the user where they are in the "site map":

But when I select either element on the last menu (Archives), BOTH items are highlighted, which I do not believe is the desired behavior:

(notice the darker gray background on both menu items).

So, is this a bug because this is the last drop down menu, or because there are only two items, or is it a bug in something I have done in a stylesheet to mess with the menu?

Thanks for any insight.
Last edited by postiffm on Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.CSS

Re: cssmenu_ulshadow.tpl and context highlighting

Post by Dr.CSS »

It really helps to have a link to the site, but most likely it has to do with the style sheet, can't tell from way over here... ;)
postiffm
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by postiffm »

Sorry about that. It is www.fellowshipbibleannarbor.org
HansDampf
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by HansDampf »

In Firefox the hightlight is a light brown and I tested all menues, even the Archives, all expanded menu items have a light grey, the one where the cursor is in light brown

so it seems ok to me

you did not tell which browser you use, maybe you check with different browsers again?

by the way: it is no good practice to link to a PDF in a menu (new to FBC), you blocked me totally with loading that file

Cheers, Hans
postiffm
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by postiffm »

fellowshipbibleannarbor.org
Now CMS 1.9.2, PHP 5.2.13

I tested on the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome, and IE8 just now, and I have precisely the same problem regardless of browser.

I might have a misunderstanding on terminology. Let me be verbose:
  * regular menu item = state 1 = light gray background and blue text ("Pastoral Welcome" in my initial example)
  * menu item in state 2 = highlighted to indicate what page is currently being viewed = darker gray background and blue text ("Our Staff" in my initial example)
  * any menu item regardless of its state 1 or 2 when the mouse is over it has a orange-ish background and red text (not show in my initial example)

My concern is that in the Archives menu of my initial example, both Advertisements and Timothy Training are in state 2. One and only one of them should be in state 2 at any given time.

Re your BTW: I am not intentionally making my website hard to view--are you saying that I should not have any content be in PDF form? What do you mean "blocked me totally." It works great in Chrome 8, but I too don't like having to open another program to view content....it is just a don't have time to put that into another format right now kind of deal.

Thanks for checking on this.
postiffm
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by postiffm »

Found something...in Content|Pages, I noticed that both pages have identifier 6.1. I have no clue how this happened, but I suspect that if I can disambiguate them, my menu appearance problem will go away. Anyone have any ideas (I know, I can delete and recreate and see what happens, but I would think someone would be interested to know that CMS can exist in this state and cause a bug like the one I have in the menus).

6 Archives Section Header admin
6.1 -  Advertisements Church_Ads FBCRedGray Content admin  
6.1 -  Timothy Training Timothy_Training FBCRedGray Content admin  

Thanks!
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

Click Reorder Pages button, hit submit and it should redo the page numbers...
postiffm
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by postiffm »

That worked to fix the page numbers to 6.1 and 6.2. And, the menu problem that initiated this whole thread is now fixed too. Thanks again for your help.

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”