Smarty handles wierd inside a table

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
Seba

Smarty handles wierd inside a table

Post by Seba »

Hello!

This is a thing I can pass many ways, but still the problem/question makes me curious. The thing is, when I put smarty -command, here {title}, inside a table, it expand/streches it. And it's an Firefox -problem! This time IE isn't the problem...

Link to the site (heavily under construction): www.kalajakulaus.net/main/

I colored those tables, so you can see more easily what I mean. Here's an example pictures:

1. WITH SMARTY

2. WITHOUT SMARTY

Like I said, there's multiple routes to bypass this, but tell my why this happens? If I put something other there, like p,a,h1,... and so on I know how to handle them and edit. But now this smarty expands this table height no matter what the height is... Now there's 68px, but if it would be 40px, 80px, 120px - same thing would happen.

Hopefully someone has enough interest to teach me. :) I'm quite new to webdesign and for sure not an pro with these... Loop holes with basic things aswell, so I'm not afraid to hear some feedback.

Thanks!
Dr.CSS

Re: Smarty handles wierd inside a table

Post by Dr.CSS »

In this day and age table layout is not used unless it's actual tabular data, do yourself a favor and learn div and css...

http://www.w3schools.com/
owr_bgld

Re: Smarty handles wierd inside a table

Post by owr_bgld »

Seba wrote: And it's an Firefox -problem! This time IE isn't the problem...
It's definitifly an IE-problem - Firefox shows what you say he shall show - IE doesn't allways, so he doesn't show all mistakes - but others which are not there.

so I can only agree to Dr. CSS - espacially in your case - that can't really work with tables.

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”