How can I set the bottom margin?

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
Dr.CSS

Re: How can I set the bottom margin?

Post by Dr.CSS »

Do you use Firefox? if so did you try the Web Developer extension? it works great for an outline tool check the screen shots,,
hhmmm,,,well I tried putting screen shots as attachment,, but no luck ,, don't know how to put in this window  oh well. But it shows the boxes going to the top and bottom.

ok so they were too big
  mark

[attachment deleted by admin]
samurai

Post by samurai »

WOW !!! how did u do that? lol... i see there is a box at the bottom which I think might be the problem, I'm gonna restart firefox and play with the extension.

Thanks a bunch, Mark!!!!!

Geo
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

if you give your page a little side margin you might be able to tell what box is cutting off the bottom of all your graphics,

:)  mark
samurai

Post by samurai »

Great tool  btw :)
Well I outlined all the elements and tags, divs, etc on the page and still didn't find the bottom box that appears on your screenshots (no, it's not the footer). But I find that the empty space on the bottom is claimed only by the html so I set a negative bottom margin and it worked!!!!  ;D
if you give your page a little side margin you might be able to tell what box is cutting off the bottom of all your graphics,
I did, even 10em, but nothing spiled over...

Thank you so much Mark  ;)

Cheers,
Geo

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”