theme andreas01

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
wientanz

theme andreas01

Post by wientanz »

A few days ago I imported the andreas01 theme and I kinda liked it. The only problem was, that the menu wouldn't work properly, tables make the layout break and the right column displayed some error. Ok, deleted the code that made this last thing show up. Nevermind -at least for now- the  now empty column.

Then I tried the sectionimage-tag, which also produced errors. *grrrr*

So, I'd like some tips from you guys (and ladies). First of all, how can I repair the menu? Or should I replace it?

Why does a table ruin everything? How am I supposed to handle them?

And the sectionimage-tag... it works for the startpage, but everytime I have an umlaut in the section header, I would simply get an empty picture. ../uploads/images/front/.jpg

And last... I'd like to use the right column for the Calender module with option display="upcominglist". How can i format it? I know, I know, RTFM for CSS. I'd like to get rid of the "UPCOMING EVENTS" headline. Other that that I'd like the possibility to completely get rid of this third column in order to utilise more space for the content. How can I get rid of it? I can't find it in the template.

You'll find the website here:
Startpage with section-image: http://www.bugovsky.com
Without a table: http://www.bugovsky.com/index.php?page=Mambo
with a table: http://www.bugovsky.com/index.php?page=Samba
wientanz

Re: theme andreas01

Post by wientanz »

Ok, found a way to edit the Calendar template. Looking better now. But the rest remains.
wientanz

Post by wientanz »

And why is the background of my gifs grey, while the background of my page is white?
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

#content img {
padding: 1px;
display:inline;
background: #cccccc;
border: 4px solid #f0f0f0;
}

change that to FFF  for white
delete the border if you just want the gif with no borders.

this makes your content go off the page if get rid of that and style your  as in #main{width: 580px} it should stay on the page,, I can't tell because anything in the html over rules style sheets
wientanz

Post by wientanz »

Thanks for the input. Will try it immediately. The problem with my content ist, that it came 1:1 from the live site. So that explains the way to big tables. I'll look into it.

Solved the sectionimage problem with option byname=0, so it uses the section number instead of the name!

But I still have no solution for the menu...
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

Do you mean the fact that none of the links in your menu go anywhere? this is what I saw when viewing source,,,

Menu:

Startseite

Tanzen lernen
Tänze dieser Welt
Beruf oder Hobby
Bälle & Co
Tanzlocations
Archiv
Links
Administration

what menu are you using,,it says Horizontal but you are using it in vertical mode?

mark
wientanz

Post by wientanz »

I must confess that I honestly don't know. I had a working layout and was looking for a better one after 6 years... So I stumbled across themes.cmsmadesimple.org while reading the forum. I've been working with CMSMS for 6 months, but so far the new webpage hasn't made it from test to live. The current working website is www.wientanz.com, which is 98% static.

So I just grabbed the andreas01 theme, imported it and played a little bit with it. But the menu hasn't been working from the beginning. It worked with my own template before, but I like the style of this one.

And yes, I noticed, that it only ever uses # for links. What's interesting is what happens when you're somewhere deep in the website. Look at one of the links posted in the first post from this thread. You'll notice that that the menu works partially. The only problem is that it won't let me get to the other sections. I must confess that I'd like a treemenu style approach (like here: http://wientanz.dynserv.com/index.php?page=css_menu) with this design. But my CSS is rudimental at the least. I know my HTML and PHP, but CSS is way too heavy for me. But nethertheless, as alway it's learning by doing and at first I want this current menu to work so I can evalute it.
Last edited by wientanz on Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tsw
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by tsw »

So I stumbled across themes.cmsmadesimple.org while reading the forum.
Andreas01 conversion to cmsms is my doings. It was kind of a test and it might be broken (sorry about that) I did do modifications to it afterwards, but didnt ever reupload..

as soon as I get some time to sit down I'll convert all andreas themes (and some others) to cmsms and try to be thorough with my doings :)
wientanz

Post by wientanz »

thanks for the work!
I'm looking forward to that. But by than my website will be surly incompatible with the original. I'm  doing a lot of modifications on my end here. :-)
wientanz

Post by wientanz »

@tsw
ah! by the way, can you tell me how to get rid of that error message in my page? ("Fehler")
It's positioned in the content-area and I didn't put it there...
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

This is in your template,, delete the word in red and your good to go. it's not an error mess. it's just a word. anything that is in the template not in a div will just show up in upper left corner.

HTH  ;)

mark

You are here: Startseite

-->

Fehler...

wientanz

Post by wientanz »

so simple, so easy, and I didn't see it. Don't know how it got there.

Thanks.
wientanz

Post by wientanz »

ok, I now I replaced the Menumaker module with the CSSMenu and attached the CSS Menu Vertical stylesheet to the template. But what I can't find in the CSS is the spaces between the menu-items. in the top hierarchy it's fine, but because of the spaces I can hardly navigate in the second hierarchy.

Hmmm...
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

what if you do this ,,,

#avmenu li {
margin-bottom: 4px;          this makes the gap at the bottom of your list,, if you don't say other wise all children of it will be the same
}
#avmenu li li{
margin-bottom: 0px;
}
                          this makes those children touch each other (no gaps)

/* first level */
#avmenu li a {
font-weight: bold;
height: 20px;
text-decoration: none;
color: #505050;
display: block;
padding: 6px 0 0 10px;
background: #f4f4f4;
border-left: 4px solid #cccccc;
}

#avmenu li a:hover {
background: #eaeaea;
color: #286ea0;
border-left: 4px solid #286ea0;
}

#avmenu li a.menuactive {
}

/* second level */
#avmenu li li a {
font-weight: normal;
/*padding: 6px 0 0 24px; */
padding: 6px 0 0 24px;  this makes the kids fat
border-left: 4px solid #cccccc;       this makes them the same as first level or if you want just delete all the  border:0; 's and all the kids will look the same as parents
}

#avmenu li li a:hover {
}

#avmenu li li a.menuactive {
}

/* third level */
/*
#avmenu li li li a {
padding: 0 0 0 34px;
}

#avmenu li li li a:hover {
}

#avmenu li li li a.menuactive {
}
*/

/* third level neu */
#avmenu li li li a {
padding: 6px 0 0 24px;
}

#avmenu li li li a:hover {
}

#avmenu li li li a.menuactive {
}

HTH  ;)  mark
wientanz

Post by wientanz »

maksbud wrote: what if you do this ,,,

#avmenu li {
margin-bottom: 4px; this makes the gap at the bottom of your list,, if you don't say other wise all children of it will be the same
}
#avmenu li li{
margin-bottom: 0px;
}
this makes those children touch each other (no gaps)
You're right. That eliminated the gaps in the submenu. perfect... THX for that.

I'll play a little bit around with the borderleft: 4px solid #cccccc;

The next things I'm trying to change are those in the picture below. Any help is appreciated :-)

When you compare the original Menumaker template with the CSSMenu template, you'll notice that the menu items (not the text, just the frame around it) in the older menu are bigger than in the new one. I'll play around with that as well, but if you can point me to it and are faster than me, well, by all means, I'll be forever in your debt.

I can see that it's almost done, almost perfect. Just these few things and then I'm good to transfer all the remaining articles :-D

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”