CSSMenu Horiz and Vert on same template

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
sithstemple
Forum Members
Forum Members

CSSMenu Horiz and Vert on same template

Post by sithstemple »

Is it possible to use the CSSMenu in both Horizontal and Vertical positions on the same template?

My client wants to have a main horizontal navigation that drops down with the subsections of each page.

In addition, they want a seperate permanent vertical menu on the left hand side that has a different set of navigation options.  They also want this vertical menu to have the subsections 'fly out' when you hover over it.

I've tried using the EllNav template, and even got close using EllNav horizontally and CSSMenu vertically, but is it possible to have CSSMenu both horizontally and vertically?  I have tried, but I am having trouble with the stylesheets.
Oliver
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: CSSMenu Horiz and Vert on same template

Post by Oliver »

Maybe you could try to convince your customer that his users will run into serious usability troubles with a navigation displaying this degree of sofistication?

If you meet a site with split horizontal-vertical navigation you'd expect the vertical to be nested into the global horizontal navigation. That would no longer be the case with both navigations opening dynamically. Consider using a horizontal CSS Navigation + a vertical context menu (static) instead.

Sorry if this answer does not meet your expectations - I'm just trying to help with what I can...

Oliver
sithstemple
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: CSSMenu Horiz and Vert on same template

Post by sithstemple »

Thanks very much for your reply.  I have already managed to get my client to take a static vertical menu.  I didn't think it was possible, but as a new user, I don't know exactly what the full potential of this software is.

Many thanks once again.

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”