changing the editor background color in admin

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
scotch33
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

changing the editor background color in admin

Post by scotch33 »

I am building a site where the main color for text is white. 

In the wysiwig editor this causes the text to disappear (white text / white background)

Hopw can I change the background color of the wysiwig to a simple grey to make things viewanble (or even the background color of my site)?
westis

Re: changing the editor background color in admin

Post by westis »

If you're using CMSMS 0.12 and FCKeditor as the WYSIWYG, then go to Extensions -> FCKeditor.

In the CSS for the body tag, change background-color: #ffffff; to the color you want to use. For grey, try background-color: #ccc;

To change the background-color for your site (the div with the id pagewrapper), look in the stylesheet Colours, if you're using the default templates and stylesheets.
chilsta
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: changing the editor background color in admin

Post by chilsta »

Hi,

I'm using this code in the CSS for the main page layout:

background:#232f85 url(/uploads/images/interface/class_frame.jpg) repeat-x top;

...which is a graduated blue background image.

In the main template there's a DIV with a white background on top of the background and I'm using blue text in that. Trouble was that the blue background image with blue text was displaying, even though I'd set the background-colour to #fffff.

After some fiddling, I used this code in the Body tag CSS field to stop the background image displaying within FCK:

background: #fff none;

Works a treat.

C*

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”