Blinking menu

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
Dr.CSS

Blinking menu

Post by Dr.CSS »

:( Any body have any idea why the menu on this Site blinks in IE?
I'm thankful for any input.  mark
jelle

Re: Blinking menu

Post by jelle »

Don't know about IE, but on knoq you cannot reach the submenu's. they fold back the moment you leave the parent. The background does not play nice with the rest of the pictures it should overlay.
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

Hey jelle or anyone could you check this site (round corners with out images) again it still kind of blinks in IE.
thanx  mark
amygdela

Post by amygdela »

look for the word blink in your css, then delete that line.
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

amygdela wrote: look for the word blink in your css, then delete that line.
no word blink in css, it's just a problem with IE and how it handles images for background in the menu. I've tested it, if the background is a color insted of an image it won't "blink" my other template has blinking links at the bottom and the menu is all colors with no IE "blink"  ;) oh well I'll keep trying.
  thanx  mark
jelle

Post by jelle »

Maybe you should try to preload the images for :hover and :clicked(?), or put it all in one image that you display different parts for.

btw, please add a z-index:1 to the dropdownmenus, as they are supposed to be displayed on top of the other elements. 
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

OK thanks  :) I'll try that, hope it works

BTW I figured out how to make an image map menu sample now to get a horizontal one at the bottom, well off to have more fun,,,  :D

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”