How can I do this?

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
sithstemple

How can I do this?

Post by sithstemple »

Hi there.

I have downloaded and installed version 0.12 'Fiji', and I am in the process of putting it to use on a client website.  I am, however, having problems with the layout.

What I want to acheive is the following:

Main navigation going horizontally across the top (under the header) with the date at the right hand side (similar style to the CSSMenu Horizontal);

A 'sub navigation' going vertically at the left of the page which will be present on all pages (similar to the CSSMenu Vertical style);

Main content at the centre of the page;

News column at the right hand side.

I have tried to do this myself, but I cannot get it to work at all correctly.

Does anyone know how I can achieve this?

Many thanks in advance.
cyberman

Re: How can I do this?

Post by cyberman »

sithstemple wrote: Main navigation going horizontally across the top (under the header) with the date at the right hand side (similar style to the CSSMenu Horizontal);

A 'sub navigation' going vertically at the left of the page which will be present on all pages (similar to the CSSMenu Vertical style);

Main content at the centre of the page;

News column at the right hand side.
Perhaps you mean a split menu navigation (ellnav) with Bulletmenu Vert 1col+News template  ;) ...
sithstemple

Post by sithstemple »

Perhaps you could be correct!!

How do I get the two templates to work together, and is it possible to have a 'permanent' sub menu on the left hand side?

From what I have tried so far, the sub menu is there on the home page, but when I go to a different page, it disappears.
LeisureLarry

Post by LeisureLarry »

A sub-menu will be always dependent on which link you have choosen in the main-menu. What you want is not a sub-menu, you want to have a third menu with permanent entries. Try a menu with the EllNav-template and the parameter items.
sithstemple

Post by sithstemple »

Thank you for your help.

This works - up to a point.....

Basically, I want the permanent side menu (or sub menu) to be styled similar to the original CSSMenu Vert that was in the previous version, where there is a 'flyout' when you hover over a parent category that has children attached to it.

I also want to try to retain the original formatting of the 'CSSMenu Vert' when it comes to displaying the page.  At the moment, it is putting the side menu in one box (see image):

LeisureLarry

Post by LeisureLarry »

Sorry as I haven´t used css-menu I cannot help you further, perhaps somebody else has an idea.
cyberman

Post by cyberman »

Don't know if I'm right but you must only change the template called in submenu to cssmenu-accessible.tpl.

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”