Large spaces between vertical menu items when using Internet Explorer 7?

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
Nexia

Large spaces between vertical menu items when using Internet Explorer 7?

Post by Nexia »

Hi all,

Please excuse me if this has already been asked and answered, but I couldn't find any related issues when I searched.  Anyways, I have discovered that when using Internet Explorer 7 in conjunction with the default vertical navigation menu, ugly gaps appear above each menu item.  This does not occur in Internet Explorer 6.5 or any other browser I have tested.  You can see what I mean by viewing the initial example that comes with CMSMS (I'll also attach some screenshots):

http://demo.opensourcecms.com/cms/

If you view it in IE7 you will see spaces between each item, but if you view it in any other brower the gaps will not be there.  If anyone has a hack or solution to this issue, I would greatly appreciate it.  I'm not sure if it's the CSS causing it or if it's the way the menu is rendered - and I'm far from an expert at the subject. Thank you.

cyberman

Re: Large spaces between vertical menu items when using Internet Explorer 7?

Post by cyberman »

IMHO you should try to set the pre menu space in css. If is not set IE thinks he should include someone ...
Nexia

Post by Nexia »

Thank you for the suggestion, Cyberman.  I added a single "height" attribute to the menu style and it seems to have worked!
jelle

Post by jelle »

ehmm, IE7 is still in beta isn't it?
Why don't you file a bug for it while you still have a chance to get some reaction from the beast.
jptechnical
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by jptechnical »

I am at a loss where to add the height attribute and what it should be set to.

Can someone please help me out on this one.

Thanks.
nvp007

Post by nvp007 »

And if you increase the text size in the browser? The menu needs to be higher in that case. Anyone has a solution for this case? Screen of my case:

Last edited by nvp007 on Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”