Putting a banner/logo on top of every page?

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
thumbsucker
Forum Members
Forum Members

Putting a banner/logo on top of every page?

Post by thumbsucker »

Just curious what the easiest way to put a banner/logo of my site on every page?
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Putting a banner/logo on top of every page?

Post by calguy1000 »

You can place it in the stylesheet, that would work, or use the banners module for rotating banners and place the code for that in your page template.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
thumbsucker
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by thumbsucker »

I actually added your Banners module via FTP to the modules directory and tried to install it, but have no clue how to get it to work.

After install, it gives a message about setting Manage Banner permissions, but other than that, I can't see any admin option at all.
badhoy

Post by badhoy »

You can find 'Manage Banners' Content admin menu item.  Usage is pretty self explanatory and you can also find more details by clicking help in the Modules listing next to the Banners module.

I would also suggest that you install and use the Uploads module.  It works hand-in-hand with the Banners module and makes it much easier to manage the actual banner images.

I then include {cms_module module='Banners' category='all'} in my template to include the banner ad at the top of each page.
Last edited by badhoy on Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thumbsucker
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by thumbsucker »

Well I install it and get this message:

Install Message for Banners Module

Post Install Message, e.g., Be sure to set "Manage Banners" permissions to use this module!

But I can't find the Manage Banner option anywhere at all. 
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

In "Users & Groups" >> "Group Permissions"
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
thumbsucker
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by thumbsucker »

Thanks got it.

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”