Adding Amazon affiliate code (and others)

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
sioux

Adding Amazon affiliate code (and others)

Post by sioux »

I've just started using CMSMS and LOVE it. It really is simple.

However I'm having real problems with inserting my Amazon affiliate code. Wherever I insert it, CMSMS changes the code as I submit the page and I get error messages on my published pages. I've used html blobs and tried pasting the code into the page content but nope - no joy.

I read about pi_iframe and installed it but am confused about the 'url of the site'. I don't want a whole page inserted, just a piece of code.

Is there a solution?

If it helps - this is the code I'm trying to insert:

Thanks for any help  :)
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Adding Amazon affiliate code (and others)

Post by Ted »

Best thing to do is separate it from your other stuff.  First, change your WYSIWYG from FCKeditorX to none in User Preferences.  Then, make an html blob (layout->html blobs).  Call it something like "amazon" and paste that html code into the box.  Now go back to your User Preferences and reenable FCKeditorX.  Lastly, go to there you were going to insert that html originally, and put {html_blob name='amazon'}.

It SHOULD show up correctly.
sioux

Post by sioux »

That's a brilliant idea and best of all it WORKED!

Fantastic - thanks very much indeed  :D
sioux

Post by sioux »

Hi Patricia,

Actually that's what I did! I pasted the code into the html view and it rendered fine when I changed back to wysiwg mode, UNTIL I submitted the page. Then it showed the error message in the live site. When I went back to view the html, the img attributes had been removed and instead of saying "img src=etc" it said something different (can't remember offhand).

I'm guessing it's the same reason it renders the as when you submit the page?

I'm happy with my work-around anyway!

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”