Why no ports of other templates for CMSMS?

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
cnymike
Power Poster
Power Poster

Why no ports of other templates for CMSMS?

Post by cnymike »

I've been dabbling with CMSMS for a week or two now. I'ts really great in some regards, and I suppose the only limitations are my not knowing how to add thiings that I need. Like I really need a full-functioning calendar, not just the event module.

But putting that aside... I'm not too well versed in how to create templates. I keep reading posts saying how easy it is to make templates, yadda yadda yadda, but in reality if it's so easy, why aren't there more templates available? Other CMS's that I"ve looked at have a thriving template community with ports of other templates and such. For instance, would it be "easy" to modify an existing template on cssZenGarden.com ?

I'd love to see a couple more tempates, particularly a 3-column format. Are there any commercial developers out ther? I really need some help on getting some template options.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Why no ports of other templates for CMSMS?

Post by Ted »

The main reason why there isn't templates out there is because it's not just point and click currently to get them in.  0.12 will change that with the Theme Manager.  Themes are basicaly templates and stylsheets in an xml document.  Just upload and it'll recreate all those templates and attached stylesheets easily.

I think after 0.12 (and the creation of a themes site), people will start making some.
kermit
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by kermit »

i'm working on a few now for different projects, and if permitted, i'll release some of them to the community. i'm also digging through openwebdesign.org looking for good candidates to port.
eternity (n); 1. infinite time, 2. a seemingly long or endless time, 3. the length of time it takes a frozen pizza to cook when you're starving.
4,930,000,000 (n); 1. a very large number, 2. the approximate world population in 1986 when Microsoft Corp issued its IPO. 3. Microsoft's net profit (USD) for the quarter (3 months) ending 31 March 2007.
CMSMS migration and setup services | Hosting with CMSMS installed and ready to go | PM me for Info
cnymike
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by cnymike »

I think it's great that the new version will simplify importing and/or creating templates.

I was at a WordPress temlate site tonight and there were almost 400 templates there. Wow!

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”