CSS compatability?

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
TokyoTiger

CSS compatability?

Post by TokyoTiger »

Hello there.

I am working on a site in CMSmadSimple, at cms.aresa.dk but har having problems with Firefox and IE on PC.

If you look at the fronpage in Firefox it is ok but if you look in IE then the text to the left (the four big gray links) look different than in firefox and the text to the right (the one with the red headers) is as big as the on with the pictures (the middle pane)

Does anyone know what the problem might be?
westis

Re: CSS compatability?

Post by westis »

The default font size is different in different browsers. So if you don't set a pixel size for the font you need to set for example font-size: 75%; for the body element in your stylesheet.

Alternatively, if you want fixed font sizes in pixels (then you can't resize the text in the View menu in IE), set for example font-size: 12px;for the body element. Then all elements that don't have another font size specified will get that font size.

Hope that helps. :D
TokyoTiger

Re: CSS compatability?

Post by TokyoTiger »

Well the problem is that it works fine in Firefox but not in IE. With this i mean that in Firefox there is a 12PX font and a 11PX font but in IE they are both 12PX

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”