Flash and frames

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
Zuke

Flash and frames

Post by Zuke »

Ok, I'm obviously very new at all this, and the guys helping me with the site are also rather new. 

I have the general layout of the site I want to keep (view here), but there is something else I want done to it.  My flash guy (also a novice, but knows more than me) is suggesting a article pre-loader, which I want.  As near as I can tell, we would insert a flash object (a window of sorts) where the article text would go, and the window would load the "load status" animation, and then the HTML article itself.

He knows how to get the flash window to load the HTML, but we're unsure how to have the links (secondary content buttons in my diagram) reference the flash loader, and not navigate away from the flash viewer.  Would we have to have a frame inside the flash, and tell the secondary button to target the frame?  How would I enter ANY of this into the CSS layout?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Zuke

Re: Flash and frames

Post by Zuke »

So I'm readng around of the forums, and it sounds like maybe an iFrame would be the way to go.  Thing is, I can't find any info on where to download/write/install the plugin and all the topics that really talk about it are in German.  Am I on the right track?
cyberman

Post by cyberman »

Your can download Pi_iframe here ;) ...

Put it in your plugin directory and look at your tags. Call help from pi_iframe and you will get a (english) description.
Zuke

Post by Zuke »

Awesome, thank you!

So, I've inserted an iFrame into a page . . . where do I tell the stylesheet to target it from the content links? 

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”