Is there a shangeable site themes in CMS?

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
jaketess

Is there a shangeable site themes in CMS?

Post by jaketess »

I'm running the latest CMS version 0.11.2 i think (scarborough)

I have another site that is running in another CMS. It has a dropwdown list of themes. I just select what I like and it changes the looks of my website.

Can CMS do that also?

Thanks in advance

Jake
megabob3
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Is there a shangeable site themes in CMS?

Post by megabob3 »

jaketess wrote: I'm running the latest CMS version 0.11.2 i think (scarborough)

I have another site that is running in another CMS. It has a dropwdown list of themes. I just select what I like and it changes the looks of my website.

Can CMS do that also?

Thanks in advance

Jake
Yep can do.

create a new TAG, with only one code line, call it LOAD_CSS_BY_URL

echo '';

insert into your template {LOAD_CSS_BY_URL} between HEAD tag.

the dropwdown must be named "css_name" with a list values of CSS installedinto CMSMS from admin.

Bye ;)
Last edited by megabob3 on Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaketess

Post by jaketess »

thanks megabob3

that was very helpful

:D
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

I thought I'd drop my 2 cents worth in also in this topic.

This technique is also useful for using cmsms css in another php app like phpsurveyor, etc.  and allows you to centralize the management of your css.

As well, with the theme manager module (available in the forge) it is possible to share the stylesheets and templates within cmsms sites by simply downloading and uploading an xml file.

Also, keep your eyes peeled for the upcoming cmsms themes site which will provide a central repository for sharable themes, and also be a knowledge base for tools and tehchniques for site design.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
centered effect

Post by centered effect »

megabob3 wrote:
create a new TAG, with only one code line, call it LOAD_CSS_BY_URL

echo '';

insert into your template {LOAD_CSS_BY_URL} between HEAD tag.

the dropwdown must be named "css_name" with a list values of CSS installedinto CMSMS from admin.

Bye ;)
I did a search for stylesheet changers and this one seems simpler to use than the module on the forge.  Can you please explain further or give an example code for the last part of the "css_name" and the values listed.

I tried putting {LOAD_CSS_BY_URL} between the head tags, then I tried adding a new div (named css_name) with a href="/stylesheet.php?name='color'" but I get nothing. 

Thanks alot!

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”