Horizontal alignment of an unnumbered list

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
LeisureLarry

Horizontal alignment of an unnumbered list

Post by LeisureLarry »

I´ve the following problem with making a template of an existing html-page. On the old page the code was as following:

HTML:

Current
Link 2

CSS:
The div has a position, width, heigth AND text-alignment:right

Now using templates and EllNav it´s a little bit different:

HTML:

Current
Link 2

CSS:
The div has a position, width, heigth, but text-alignment:right doesn´t work. Has anybody a solution how I can have the ul with alignment right in the div?

Greats LeisureLarry
cyberman

Re: Horizontal alignment of an unnumbered list

Post by cyberman »

Hmm, it works for me  ...

I've tried the template EllNav Horiz/Vert L 1col from the cmsms install and have set the text-align: right for div#menu_vert in stylesheet Layout EllNav H/V L 1Col. And what should I say - the submenu was showing right aligned.
LeisureLarry

Post by LeisureLarry »

Fortgot so say that it is which has the problem for me.
westis

Post by westis »

What's the URL to your site? Makes it easier to see the full code and suggest what can be changed. :D
westis

Post by westis »

Ok, looked at your site now (got the URL by PM). the menu_horiz class isn't in your stylesheet. Apply this and it should work:

ul.menu_horiz {
  float: right;
}

Let me know if that does the trick.

Also, it's cool that you have the content before the navigation in the source code, but still the navigation as horizontal at the top. It's easier to do source ordering with columns than with rows, so that's cool!

;D
LeisureLarry

Post by LeisureLarry »

float:right on the ul-tag did it.

Really, really thank you.

Btw. I did some changes to the sitemap, self_url and EllNav. Are you interested in the new versions?

Greats Larry
westis

Post by westis »

LeisureLarry wrote: float:right on the ul-tag did it.

Really, really thank you.
Cool. Glad I could help. ;D
Btw. I did some changes to the sitemap, self_url and EllNav. Are you interested in the new versions?

Greats Larry
Yeah, would be nice. Although the entire menu system is going through big changes currently. Read this forum post about how to do patches: How to submit your changes to modules or the core.

What changes did you make?

Thanks!
LeisureLarry

Post by LeisureLarry »

As I don´t use all features of your cms and also don´t know all features, I´ll search some testers in the german forum for my changes as soon as I have solved my problems with other parts of the cms.

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”