Having both a cssmenu and an EllNav on the same page?

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
Kindred

Having both a cssmenu and an EllNav on the same page?

Post by Kindred »

Hey  :)

I have been playing with cms for a day or so and I like it very much so far but being pretty new to php and such I have some newbie questions.

I would like to have a css menu and an EllNav menu on the same page - very similar to the provided template 'EllNav Horiz/Vert L 2col' in fact but have the top menu as a css one.  I tried just switching it out in the template but that doesn't work at all, it makes quite a mess.  I did figure that would be too easy :)

If anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be really great.

Thanks
westis

Re: Having both a cssmenu and an EllNav on the same page?

Post by westis »

Hi Kindred,

If you replace the horizontal toplevel EllNav in the template with CSSMenu you need to attach the stylesheet "Default CSSMenu Horizontal". Otherwise all sublevels will show in the CSSMenu.

You also need to remove position: relative; for the div#content selector in the Layout EllNav H/V L 2Col stylesheet. Otherwise the sublevels of the CSSMenu would display under the content.

Hope that helps! :D
Kindred

Re: Having both a cssmenu and an EllNav on the same page?

Post by Kindred »

Thank you!

I didn't even think about stylesheets  ::)  But that makes sense.

I have a lot to learn.. 

Thanks again.

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”