Managing my Existing Site's pages and templates. -Update

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
jefferis

Managing my Existing Site's pages and templates. -Update

Post by jefferis »

Okey Dokey.  I go this thing installed and I love the layout and features. Beautiful.  It would be great IF I were creating a site from scratch, but my goal is to give managers access to my current pages and enable them to edit or upload only certain files.  I have Dreamweaver Templates which they are to modify.  As it is, it seems impossible to use my existing site, since CMS wants to edit pages within its own directory *I think*.

Here are my dilemmas:
The install is on the root www.mysite.com   
my managers' locations each have a vanity domain  location1.mysite.com, etc.  but whose folder structure is actually mysite.com/location1/  etc.
Problem 1: relative link locations are not easily managed. I wanted to set up all users in one location to manage various folders. I think at the minimum I would require a new install for each vanity domain.
Test of install on Vanity domain in folder, works with links [to a degree]. It seems that each vanity will require a new install of the program.
Problem 2: My templates don't seem to work. Specifically, this code as a hack fix to PVII Popmenus, fails with fatal error:

#p7PMnav a{height:1em;}#p7PMnav li{height:1em;float:left;clear:both;width:100%}
      #p7PMnav li{clear:none;}
I believe fixed this problem by using a src="hack.js" script.
Problem 3:  other folders at the same level as CMS are not seen. So adding or subtracting files to the general site at any level doesn't seem possible. Only folders within the CMS directory or config locations? are seen. Odd.
This problem is major and not resolved. the manager pages and file layout pages do NOT see any of the current files on the site except the cms images folder imbedded in the images folder.

I don't know now if it is possible to use this excellent program for what I need and want to do...

Thanks
Jeff
Last edited by jefferis on Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aejeffor

Re: Managing my Existing Site's pages and templates. -Update

Post by aejeffor »

Ive had the same problem on a smaller scale but can find no viable solution.  Let me know if anything turns up.
jefferis

Re: Managing my Existing Site's pages and templates. -Update

Post by jefferis »

aejeffor wrote: Ive had the same problem on a smaller scale but can find no viable solution.  Let me know if anything turns up.
Yes, another program:
iprosite.com

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”