CSSmenu submenus messed up in IE

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
magicpio
Forum Members
Forum Members

CSSmenu submenus messed up in IE

Post by magicpio »

Hi,
I'm using CMS 0.11.1 with a horizontal CSSmenu.
In IE (Netscape and Firefox work fine) my submenus are messed up, see picture piosworld1.
It should look like piosworld-OK.jpg .

Any immediate idea where I should look? Or shall I post my template and stylesheet?
I've already used web developer looking at the source, but cannot find anything special.
Javascript is enabled btw.

Thanks.
Jens

p.s.: my site www.piosworld.com might not always be reachable, because I'm switching off my server at night. Makes those nasty HD noises when busy, so cannot sleep :-)

[attachment deleted by admin]
westis

Re: CSSmenu submenus messed up in IE

Post by westis »

You haven't set any width of the second level, which is why it takes up all the width in IE.

Try this:

Code: Select all

/* Set the width of the menu elements at second level. Leaving first level flexible. */

#primary-nav li li { 
        width: 200px; 
       }
Hope that helps. :-)
magicpio
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: CSSmenu submenus messed up in IE

Post by magicpio »

Arrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Your right! The thing is, I removed it from the stylesheet to have an optimum width for 2nd and lower menu levels, same as for top level. For top level this is achieved setting width: 100%, but that doesn't work for lower levels.

Hmmmm .... ???

Thanks anyway!

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”