Using Formbuilder (How do you do it? o_O)

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
cscmsms

Using Formbuilder (How do you do it? o_O)

Post by cscmsms »

Hi guys, I'm trying to pretty up my forms by using formbuilder and I haven't the slightest clue how to do it. I looked around and haven't seen anything that really helps. At the moment, I'm trying to do simple things like set the width of the name field in css and I can't even do that  :'(. I don't know what the name is -- though I suspect I set the id name myself.

Is it labeled using this:
CSS Class for this field:
There are a bunch of things I want to do to the form, but I couldn't find an example of how to do it or a template I could use that someone else has made :-\.
Jack @ PharSide

Re: Using Formbuilder (How do you do it? o_O)

Post by Jack @ PharSide »

Have you looked at the help information for the module? It explains how everything is used and the pssoible parameters. All the answers should be there for you.

If you have something that you need help with that might be more specific - please post it.

Good luck,
-J
savagekabbage
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by savagekabbage »

Form elements are one of the hardest elements to style with CSS. Get firebug, inspect each element, and play with the styles some. Then come back with some specific questions :)
cscmsms

Post by cscmsms »

Hi again guys, I've finally found out how to ue the naming convention and the variables used in said convention. Things are a lot better now and I have a fair understanding of how to use it  ;D. There are still a few kinks to work out though. I've figured out how to change the color of te required field text, but I can't change the color of the symbol. This is what I've done:
.contactform DIV.required { COLOR: #000 }
.contactform DIV.required_symbol { COLOR: #f00 }
It doesn't seem to work too well. What I want is for the text to keep their black color and for only the symbol to be red.

Another problem I'm having is -- I want to change the input box of the message field. I've written:
.message_field input {
WIDTH: 500px;
HEIGHT: 500px
}
but that doesn't seem to help at all. Thanks again for your help.
Last edited by cscmsms on Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

Have you looked at the source view of the page in question?...

It should have some IDs or classes you can pick out to use...
cscmsms

Post by cscmsms »

I don't get it ???. The source view of the page? I did go to the Form Template tab of formbuilder and found some variables.
Last edited by cscmsms on Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

Have you put it in a page?...

If so look at the page in browser then right click and view source and you should see things like...

Your Name

Your Email Address

Then you can use...

div label{your style here}

div #m5fbrp_13{your style here}

etc. etc...

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”