Very simple CMS question hopefully!?

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
discokid

Very simple CMS question hopefully!?

Post by discokid »

Hi guys, first off apologies if this is not the right forum for the question..

Basically I'm a CMS newbie, but all I want to use it for is to edit the text in a single div on only one page of my site. Everything else on the site is to remain static and uneditable.

So.. how do I go about making this div editable within a CMS? Are there tags I need to embed in the page? I assume I don't need to use a template for the whole site just for this one page?

Thanks.
lollipop27
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Very simple CMS question hopefully!?

Post by lollipop27 »

well, is a CMS not a little oversized for a editable div...
write one single php script and its done....

what do you think??
kermit
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by kermit »

ya, maybe a little overkill for one section of a single page...

take a look at http://sourceforge.net/projects/editthispagephp/
eternity (n); 1. infinite time, 2. a seemingly long or endless time, 3. the length of time it takes a frozen pizza to cook when you're starving.
4,930,000,000 (n); 1. a very large number, 2. the approximate world population in 1986 when Microsoft Corp issued its IPO. 3. Microsoft's net profit (USD) for the quarter (3 months) ending 31 March 2007.
CMSMS migration and setup services | Hosting with CMSMS installed and ready to go | PM me for Info
discokid

Post by discokid »

Hey guys, thanks for that - looks like a very handy script. However I've taken a look at it and it doesn't really provide the flexibility/usability that the CMS WYSIWYG editor provides.

I should have elaborated a bit in my original question: the user who will be editing has no HTML/CSS clue, so it needs to be as simple as possible. There is also a possibility that pages will be added that will require editing in the future. I'm thinking I should maybe just make a template for the page in question (or any additional pages that need editing) and keep the rest of the site 'non-CMS'. What do you think?
emt
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by emt »

Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

Make your static pages then use the CMSMS to add content making the static pages Content Type: link linking to your static pages...

Of course you will have to add to/rework your static menus every time a new page is added, the main reason I went with a CMS in the first place, I got tired of changing the menu in 15 > 50 pages of hand coded sites...
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

Hello,
discokid wrote: all I want to use it for is to edit the text in a single div on only one page of my site. Everything else on the site is to remain static and uneditable.
Try to give as few rights as possible and try this from the sample content :

Code: Select all

{content block='block name' oneline=true}
Or try a GCB.

Pierre M.

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”