WYMeditor: web-based XHTML editor

General project discussion. NOT for help questions.
petrangr

WYMeditor: web-based XHTML editor

Post by petrangr »

I came accross this editor and i was wondering if we can import it into cmsms?

http://www.wymeditor.org/en/
wipeout

Re: WYMeditor: web-based XHTML editor

Post by wipeout »

I'm back at the forums since forever and I just had to check this out, because I hate FCKEditor and Tiny isn't perfect either. That looks very nice, and it's MIT & GPL licenced. I haven't done any modules for CMSMS but I really hope someone could do a module of this. I think it could be possible, since we already have at least two WYSIWYGs done.
Silmarillion
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Silmarillion »

Well, I've done quite a lot of wysiwyg-systems already... should I give it a shot?

sil.
Dee
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Dee »

Silmarillion wrote: Well, I've done quite a lot of wysiwyg-systems already... should I give it a shot?

sil.
Looks like a nice WYSIWYG... Go Sil, go! ;D

Regards,
D
Silmarillion
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Silmarillion »

Well, bad news for the moment, folks. Had a stab at it, but the present version 0.2 is simply too immature for integration.  you have to bloat your code with strange stuff, and put several things in your -tag think I'll leave it for the time being, very stupid...

I'll keep an eye out for the next version, which sounds promising.

sil.
pavement

Post by pavement »

Silmarillion wrote: Well, bad news for the moment, folks. Had a stab at it, but the present version 0.2 is simply too immature for integration.  you have to bloat your code with strange stuff, and put several things in your -tag think I'll leave it for the time being, very stupid...

I'll keep an eye out for the next version, which sounds promising.

sil.
0.3 came out - is this any easier to install?
Kayin
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Kayin »

just my opinion but I think its still too new to compete with FCKEditor.  FCK has a number of really nice/convenient features, in particular the image support and file browsing that will have to be at least matched if not beaten before being replaced in any application that I develope or have developed.

It does look very promising though, I really like its usability and output.

-K
FantomCircuit
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by FantomCircuit »

Im working on setting up WYM as a module now. Hopefully I should have it done by the end of the day.
It doesn't seem too hard at all, though I dont know why the WYSIWYGGenerateHeader() injects stuff above the body element

EDIT:

figured it out - should return what you want to inject into the head rather than echoing. Silly me  :)
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
FantomCircuit
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by FantomCircuit »

Ok, its done. There is no frontend for changing any of the advanced options or anything like that.

You can, of course, modify the source to output the javascript that would let you use custom stules etc, but as I said there is no frontend for this yet. This release is just a starting point.

You can download it from http://socialamoeba.com/WYMeditor.zip

To install just upload the folder after you extract it, go to the modules area and hit install. Then choose it as your default editor under your user preferences.

Let me know if anything unusual happens.
EricG
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by EricG »

FantomCircuit wrote: Ok, its done. There is no frontend for changing any of the advanced options or anything like that.

You can, of course, modify the source to output the javascript that would let you use custom stules etc, but as I said there is no frontend for this yet. This release is just a starting point.

You can download it from http://socialamoeba.com/WYMeditor.zip

To install just upload the folder after you extract it, go to the modules area and hit install. Then choose it as your default editor under your user preferences.

Let me know if anything unusual happens.
is this compatible with cmsms 1.2.3?
FantomCircuit
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by FantomCircuit »

I haven't tried but I don't see why not. Have you run into any problems?
EricG
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by EricG »

FantomCircuit wrote: I haven't tried but I don't see why not. Have you run into any problems?

It's just after uploading the module in my module folder it doesn't show up in mod area so there's no way for me to install it.
FantomCircuit
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by FantomCircuit »

Ahh right - I forgot about that minimum version string. I'll update it tomorrow (in about 12 hours) and I'll even test it for you :)

I actually completly forgot about this WYSIWYG editor- I need to use it more as TinyMCE is giving me the shits.
EricG
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by EricG »

Thanks! I'm looking forward to use it instead of tinyMCE or FCKeditorX
FantomCircuit wrote: Ahh right - I forgot about that minimum version string. I'll update it tomorrow (in about 12 hours) and I'll even test it for you :)

I actually completly forgot about this WYSIWYG editor- I need to use it more as TinyMCE is giving me the shits.
EricG
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by EricG »

I can now install the editor and choose it as my WYSIWYG but it when using or trying to use it, it just gives the html and no editor

Return to “General Discussion”