Templates

General project discussion. NOT for help questions.
BamaRob

Templates

Post by BamaRob »

Been doing some testing with CMS Made Simple. Very nice! I'm considering using it in a project that I have going. I'm working on a project with an elementary school to update their web site and provide more functionality than they currently have. I have a couple of questions so far, but will likely have many more...

First, I've got the menuing system figured out pretty good. And, I like it. Alot! I plan to have a cascading menu similar to:

Our Teachers
First Grade
Teacher #1
Homepage
Contact Teacher #1
Teacher #2
Homepage
Contact Teacher #2
Second Grade
Teacher #3
Homepage
Contact Teacher #3
Teacher #4
Homepage
Contact Teacher #4
Third Grade

Etc.

I got the menu, homepage, and contact page creation figured out. I'd like to be able to use the same template for every teacher's homepage and contact page, but with a different logo image (basically a portrait of the teacher). Is there a way to do this without having to create a template for each teacher where the only thing different is the logo image?

Thanks again for a very interestng project,

BamaRob
BamaRob

Templates

Post by BamaRob »

Well Phooy! :D This forum software messed my formatting up:

This is the effect I was going for

Our Teachers
---------First Grade
-------------Teacher #1
------------------Homepage
------------------Contact Teacher #1
-------------Teacher #2
------------------Contact Teacher #2
--------Second Grade
-------------Teacher #3
------------------Contact Teacher #3
-------------Teacher #4
------------------Contact Teacher #4
--------Third Grade

---------Etc.

I hope you get the picture...

BR
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Templates

Post by Ted »

I have an idea in my head on how to do this with a user defined plugin. Lemme do some quick research to make sure that it's possible, first. I've been looking for a good reason to have to write a user plugin tutorial, and this might be the perfect case. However, if the variable is missing, then it might have to wait for 0.7 (due early next week).

Thanks for your interest!
BamaRob

Templates

Post by BamaRob »

Cool!

Thanks for the quick feedback. I'm working with another developer on this project. She's good at HTML, CSS, and graphic design. She knows very little about PHP or MySQL and doesn't care to. I plan to let her have a look at the CMS templates and css stuff to see what she thinks. We may start developing the client site soon (perhaps with CMS).

Thanks,

BR
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Templates

Post by Ted »

Great!

Your thoughts have got the ball rolling for some good code changes that really needed to be done. So even if you decide not to use it, it'll still help us out in the long run.

Thanks again

Return to “General Discussion”