How to edit topics, mark as solved, and say thank you.

General project discussion. NOT for help questions.
robinsky

How to edit topics, mark as solved, and say thank you.

Post by robinsky »

As a newbie I understand the rules that I should be polite, and mark questions as [solved] by editing the subject of my first post.

I can't work out how to do this as the topic has only two posts in it, mine and a brilliant answer, thank you for your prompt reply. Exactly what I needed.

I clicked the green arrow in the answering post to accept the answer.

There doesn't seem to be an 'edit' or 'modify' button on my post, and I can't add another to the thread because it is locked.

Does the green arrow replace the need for adding [solved]?

Thank you.
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: How to edit topics, mark as solved, and say thank you.

Post by Jo Morg »

robinsky wrote:As a newbie I understand the rules that I should be polite, and mark questions as [solved] by editing the subject of my first post.
We appreciate that, it's just the method that has changed... we implemented the green check mark, and it is the preferred method as it allow the forum software to filter the unsolved ones.
robinsky wrote:I clicked the green arrow in the answering post to accept the answer.

There doesn't seem to be an 'edit' or 'modify' button on my post, and I can't add another to the thread because it is locked.

Does the green arrow replace the need for adding [solved]?
Yes (as I stated above), the drawback is that it locks the topic, so you'd have to reply to whatever you want to just before you select the accepted reply.
We did that to prevent hijacking of solved topics, which usually confuses people using search: the level of background noise was too high.
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!
robinsky

Post by robinsky »

Brilliant, thank you for the prompt reply.
frankmanl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by frankmanl »

So where can I find that green check mark?
I try to close two of my own posts (both solved) but can't find it ...

Frank
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Jo Morg »

frankmanl wrote:So where can I find that green check mark?
I try to close two of my own posts (both solved) but can't find it ...

Frank
Not all the forums have it implemented. The Lounge, for instance, not being an official forum for support doesn't have it, and on the international areas we left it as a decision for the moderators, whether to use it or not. So far (iirc) only the official forums Product Support, Installation, Setup and Upgrade, the community boards Modules/Add-Ons and Help Wanted (commercial), have it implemented besides one or another of the international ones (Portuguese for instance)...
Other boards may end up having it implemented too depending on the feature usefulness case by case. Moderators of international forums may request the feature if they need it.
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!

Return to “General Discussion”