Can CMSMS handle big data?

General project discussion. NOT for help questions.
magallo
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Can CMSMS handle big data?

Post by magallo »

Hi all,
i'm about to develop a real estate website with 1M+ property listings with search and filtering functionalities. Do you think CMSMS will be able to handle the load easily?
What module would you recommend for the property listings? Listit2? Maybe something similar?
Thanks for the feedback.
chrisbt
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Can CMSMS handle big data?

Post by chrisbt »

I'm fairly sure there are some notes in help for ListIt that suggest it is NOT suitable for large data sets. I believe Calguy published some test results during CMSMS v2 development relating to the number of pages a site was tested with. From memory it was 100,000s+. But that was the core not a module.
Jeff
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Jeff »

If you are going to have that big of a module it is usually suggested that you have a module custom made that is optimized for your unique needs.
paulbaker
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by paulbaker »

From ListIt2 (on a V1 site) help section:
An important note of warning - This is not a content construction kit, such as in Drupal. It is meant for small listings, not to store thousands of records. This is because of the database model used (EAV). Also, each bit of data you enter is stored as TEXT data type, regardless of whether it is varchar, boolean, timestamp, etc.
To copy System Information to the forum:
https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/troubles ... nformation

CMS Made Simple Geekmoots attended:
Nottingham, UK 2012 | Ghent, Belgium 2015 | Leicester, UK 2016
magallo
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by magallo »

Thanks for the reply however Listit was just a module i'm familar with. I could build the tables myself and grab the data anytime i suppose. I was trying to find out if there's a module already there that could help me with my task.
kendo451

Post by kendo451 »

I have a website in CMSMS hosting real estate listings that I built using the Products module. Am in the process of upgrading it to CMSMS 2.0.

figenterprises.net

On the old version I used ListIt2 to manage a few simple things like documents. I'm wondering if it is safe to continue using ListIt in version 2.0 or if there is a comparable module that is being maintained?
chrisbt
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by chrisbt »

Return to “General Discussion”