[SOLVED] Only home page working after restore

General project discussion. NOT for help questions.
fearmydesign
Power Poster
Power Poster

[SOLVED] Only home page working after restore

Post by fearmydesign »

Hello everyone, I'm having a problem I can't seem to figure out;

I restored a website for a friend CMSMS version 1.11.1 and everything seems to be fine, except that you can only see the home page, but when you click on any other navigation item it throws a Not Found error, but the pages are there!

There are no weird modules installed, just the basic Calguy default modules (i.e. CGExtensions 1.29.1, CMSMailer 5.2.1, CMSPrinting 1.0.3, TinyMCE 2.9.11, Gallery 1.6, FIleManager 1.4.0 etc)

You can see the error here http://www.caprimcleanva.com click on any menu item and you will get the error.

Trouble shooting

I had a similar problem before when restoring, but all I did was change the "Default" Page under Content/Pages to any other page, then changed it back and it would work. I tried here but it doesn't work. It does however show the Default page correctly if I change it, which tells me that all pages are there and correctly displaying; just something is keeping them from showing when clicking the menu items.

I also went to System Maintenance and "Cleared Cache", but nothing happened. I then tried to optimize & repair tables and update hierarchy & routes, but again nothing.

I went to Modules and tried "Deactivating" modules one by one to see if I pin point an error back to a specific module, but nothing.

Admin logs don't really show anything but the latest activity I have performed since the restore.

Suggestions?

If you have any suggestions as to what else I can try, please let me know. I don't believe this would require another full restore as everything seems to performing and working just fine, with the exception of any other page displaying other than the "Default" page.

Thank you for your help

~Rod
Last edited by fearmydesign on Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rod
"Be careful who you step on your way up; because you never know who you'll meet on your way down!" - or something like that.
Jeff
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Only home page working after restore

Post by Jeff »

My initial guess is that the .htaccess file wasn't restored properly.

If you use a non-mod_rewrite url (http://www.caprimcleanva.com/index.php? ... -menu.html) it works.
fearmydesign
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Only home page working after restore

Post by fearmydesign »

Jeff wrote:My initial guess is that the .htaccess file wasn't restored properly.

If you use a non-mod_rewrite url (http://www.caprimcleanva.com/index.php? ... -menu.html) it works.
You were absolutely correct... for some reason the .htaccess file was not restored correctly. Thanks so much for your help and reply.
Rod
"Be careful who you step on your way up; because you never know who you'll meet on your way down!" - or something like that.

Return to “General Discussion”