Forum setup for cms simple

General project discussion. NOT for help questions.
Asdsupportcenter

Forum setup for cms simple

Post by Asdsupportcenter »

First I would like to thank everyone involved in developing cms made simple for free! Thank you :)

I'm a parent of an Autustic toddler and because we have found that parents find it diffecult if at all to get support for their kids so we decided to set up a support group on face book. It has been very successful and many kids have benefited and grown because of the resources we have been able to offer, for free I might add.

Face book isn't the right place for what we are trying to do so we have purchased hosting so we can offer a better level of support and have more control of content and look.

Cms made simple is just what the doctor ordered but we are also wanting an attached forum like here.

Can someone please point me in the right direction where I can find step by step instructions on how to connect cms made simple to the phpbb forum.

I'm not totally green but I do rely on visual instructions. I have cms made simple installed and I have phpbb forum installed on our server but it needs integrating.
I have looked around but because we are limited to time due to caring full time for our son I haven't found anything yet.
I would be very greatful if you could point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Forum setup for cms simple

Post by calguy1000 »

Sorry to say but our use of phpBB and CMSMS are not integrated except in a very trivial visual sense. They use the same colour schemes, and we've integrated the top menu bar using some custom php code, and some simple smarty techniques.

The visual integration was done manually. First we decided on our CMSMS theme, then we manually created a phpbb theme to match it (we were careful to include menu styling CSS here).

The menu integration was simple (one the visual integration is done). We created a simple CMSMS URL that simply outputs the HTML for the menu that we want at the top of the screen.

Then we used a small custom php script, and again modified the phpBB theme to include this url.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
Asdsupportcenter

Post by Asdsupportcenter »

Thanks for the quick reply.

Sorry I did write it out wrong and didn't mean intergration. Do you have a help page explaining the above method..?

How to link the menu etc the theme I have done so it's just a matter of linking the forum so it shows within the cms.

I know you guys are busy and we should do the leg work.
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

On the .org site the forum is just a Content type: External link, on the forum site the menu is added, most likely by inserting a 'page' from cmsms that uses a template with only the {menu} tag then both are styled to look the same...

Return to “General Discussion”