cmsmadesimple for my blogging

General project discussion. NOT for help questions.
AdaRen

cmsmadesimple for my blogging

Post by AdaRen »

I want to set up a small blog for introducing my hand-made items on the web. Now, I'm confused about choosing the platform for starting. My candidates include WordPress, Drupal, flatpress, cmsmadesimple and b2evolution. Which one to choose? I know this is a cmsmadesimple forum so many of you may recommend me to use cmsmadesimple. If so, can you tell me why I can choose it? In fact, i have searched from a script resource site named as http://phpmatters.com/. It tolds me that cmsmadesimple is worth trying, but I still need more information to convince me.
frankmanl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: cmsmadesimple for my blogging

Post by frankmanl »

I suppose you could use CMSMS's news module to display your hand made items, possibly grouped together by using categories.
But if you also want to sell your stuff, you might have a look at Prestashop (prestashop.com) - it's designed for displaying and selling things (including customer and payment management), it's easy to add photo's, you can easily control your stock, you might make one or two introductionary pages with it too.
In CMSMS you would have to install several modules to sell things, and in my experience the commercial suite is not an easy thing to get to work.
But if you just want to show your stuff, CMSMS might work pretty well for you.

Frank
Dr.CSS

Re: cmsmadesimple for my blogging

Post by Dr.CSS »

The Products module will work just fine to display your stuff even if you don't want to sell it, as far as selling stuff with CMSMS I've found it works just fine as long as you use the paypal gateway as it lets customers use paypal or credit cards, I've set up quite a few this way...

Return to “General Discussion”