Categorize Content Pages?

General project discussion. NOT for help questions.
aliciafay

Categorize Content Pages?

Post by aliciafay »

Hey all,

I'm hoping someone has an easy solution or a module to do something like this... or maybe I'm doing it wrong?

When editting a content page, we'd like to be able to say "This content is in category A." Then on other pages, we'd like to have the menu manager create menus of content inside category A, or Category B, or whatever. Is there an easy way to do this?

Am I missing something?
Dr.CSS

Re: Categorize Content Pages?

Post by Dr.CSS »

That sounds more like a module as 'pages' don't have categories they use the use their position in Content > Pages to create their place in the menu...
staartmees
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by staartmees »

You can achieve this very simple with the menumanager by using the 'start_level'
rotezecke
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by rotezecke »

if the pages are not ordered by your categories you could use one of the three extra fields to set the category.
i believe the extra fields are available unless you call the menu with loadprops="0".
$node->extra1 -- This field contains the value of the extra1 page property, unless the loadprops-parameter is set to NOT load the properties.
in a template / page you can access the extra value like this:

Code: Select all

{page_attr key='extra1' assign='extra1'}
now I'm guessing but I believe if that variable {$extra1} is defined before you call the menu, you could have something like {if $extra1 -eq $node->extra1} inside your menu template to filter the pages you want.

Return to “General Discussion”