End USer documentation

General project discussion. NOT for help questions.
zombiex1

End USer documentation

Post by zombiex1 »

Hi, I think I've probably joined the wrong forum but would like to ask for a pointer in the right direction please. I've been asked to update a CMSMS website for a Cardiac Heart group. I'm retired now but my background is in mainframe transactional hierarchical databases such as IMS, CICS and relational databases such as DB2. The site is hosted and system administered (just updated from version 1.5.3 to 1.11.10) by an internet services company. My question is where can I find end user documentation? I'm talking about administering the data side of things. Adding, updating content, restructuring the layout (adding extra layers and links to PDF files or a photo collection). Also I'd like to use the news function.

Can someone point me in the direction of a good book on the subject please. I've looked at the various youtube tutorials and some online documentation but it all seems to jump about all over the place.

Thanks Al
Dr.CSS

Re: End USer documentation

Post by Dr.CSS »

There isn't anything exactly like that, but when you do an install it comes with pages that tell you how things work, link in my footer to a default install, there is also the Doc site...

http://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/
JohnnyB
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by JohnnyB »

A lot of end user videos on Youtube too:
https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3A ... S&ie=UTF-8
"The art of life lies in a constant readjustment to our surroundings." -Okakura Kakuzo

--
LinkedIn profile
--
I only speak/write in English so I may not translate well on International posts.
--
zombiex1

Post by zombiex1 »

Thanks. I'll give them both a try

Al
zombiex1

Post by zombiex1 »

It's really quite strange in that the documentation assumes you know how to do things. It tells you what each item does but not how to use them... All of the links to documentation take you back to the same place.
I can see myself writing a book (when I find out that is) on how you actually do things in CMSMS.

I'll try youtube again..

Al
zombiex1

Post by zombiex1 »

Hi Paul,

I've got your private message and will have a look at the material you mention. If you could let me have a copy of the PDF that would be great.

I can't see a way to reply to your message so I'm leaving this in the forum in the hope you will pick it up. ( I'm a very new member so maybe I don't have that facility yet)

Thanks
Al

Return to “General Discussion”