Please keep Postgresql!

General project discussion. NOT for help questions.
tplancon

Please keep Postgresql!

Post by tplancon »

I'm a brand new user of CMSMS, and the reason I chose to install it was I saw it currently supported Postgres. I created and maintain a small company intranet using Postgres as the db backbone. It's been up and running for going on 5 years now. I'm looking at CMSMS as a way to develop and maintain the intranet going forward. We have a lot of data in Postgres that I hope to reuse in CMSMS.
Postgresql is a very powerful db and, AFAIK, one of the only true open source ones out there. What happens when Oracle starts re-thinking how to exploit MySQL?
Anyway, sorry for the rant! CMSMS looks VERY promising for me, and with Postgresql it looks gosh darn beautiful! Thanks for a great application!
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Please keep Postgresql!

Post by calguy1000 »

Sorry to say, but this boat has already sailed. Postgres will no longer be an option in CMSMS 1.11
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
tplancon

Re: Please keep Postgresql!

Post by tplancon »

Well that is unfortunate!
At least I didn't invest a lot of time into this. Talk about your 1 night stand: researched CMSMS last night, installed it this AM, joined the forum by 2pm and now probably saying goodbye to all that!

It does look like a great app. Best of luck going forward!

Return to “General Discussion”