Poll: PHP 5.3 Support

General project discussion. NOT for help questions.

Do your host(s) support PHP 5.3

Poll ended at Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:09 pm

Yes, all of my hosts do...
49%
A majority of my hosts do, or will be soon
21%
A few of my hosts do, but I don't know when the others change.
20%
No, None of my hosts support PHP 5.3
11%

Total votes: 101

gianpiero
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Poll: PHP 5.3 Support

Post by gianpiero »

5.2.11 and 5.2.16
I have no problem to ask and obtain 5.3 with no cost

/gp
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

The CMSMS Dev team discussed this topic in our recent meeting, and have come to the following conclusion regarding requiring PHP 5.3 for CMSMS.

Since PHP 5.2 is no longer supported by the PHP development group, and PHP 5.4 is in beta we have a valid concern. However, a significant portion of our user base is still stuck in php 5.2 (and infact sometimes older). We are in a precarious position.

Therefore we've decided to give it a bit more time. CMSMS 1.11 (expected out this summer) will support php 5.2 but it will be the last version that does. Any further version of CMSMS (other than 1.11's patch releases) will require PHP 5.3 or beyond.

Thank you for your cooperation and the time spent responding to this poll.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Sounds like a fair compromise. It's easy to blame the hosting companies, but there are quite a few operating systems that are slow to adapt (some even for legitimate reasons), and a host can't easily switch OS's when they have thousands of clients.

Return to “General Discussion”