The new look of CMSMS website

General project discussion. NOT for help questions.
cnymike
Power Poster
Power Poster

The new look of CMSMS website

Post by cnymike »

Wow, nice change. Very clean and sharp looking. I like it.

Did not notice a tab for the Blog though...
savagekabbage
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: The new look of CMSMS website

Post by savagekabbage »

I agree! I think it's a much better look for CMS Made Simple.

We decided to nix the blog tab for now. The recent blog posts are on the home page, and in the announcements forum. If this was a mistake, it's not too hard to work the blog back into the navigation.

The Forums, Forge, and Wiki will be getting the new look in the coming days/weeks.

edit - A link to the blog has been added to the About Us section.
Last edited by savagekabbage on Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
cubix
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by cubix »

i hope the implementation was an easy task, looks great :D
cnymike
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by cnymike »

My aging eyes are having a somewhat difficult time reading the submenus...just a tad bit larger would help.
DaveW
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by DaveW »

Yes, great work.  Very refreshing!  Thanks alot.
tristan
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by tristan »

cnymike wrote: My aging eyes are having a somewhat difficult time reading the submenus...just a tad bit larger would help.
Yes looks great guys, nicely done! I also second the comment about larger fonts on the submenus btw.
pcs-alaska

Post by pcs-alaska »

Please do bump the font size up on the sub menus.  Looks great what an excellent example of what you can do with cmsms!

TJ
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

Hello all,

cool the winning design is integrated, good job.
I agree with the feedback about submenus : texts are small in my Firefox.

May be some content could be updated : roadmap, FAQ, how to contribute ? Aren't they diverging from the wiki ?

Pierre M.
cnymike
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by cnymike »

I see the submenus are a bit larger now. That's excellent.

Perhaps the same could be done to all  the other tiny, tiny text on the pages such as what is in the Testimonials block. It is just way too small to be read comfortably. But otherwise, the template is very nice indeed.
ericob

Post by ericob »

How about, in the Forum pages anyway, a "Translate This Page" button? 

Reason?  I can't help but think that there may be some problems/solutions popping up in forums the language of which I can't understand!

Granted, I haven't found an automatic translation tool that does a very good job, but often they can give you a general idea of the sense of a message.
kermit
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by kermit »

ericob wrote: How about, in the Forum pages anyway, a "Translate This Page" button? 

Reason?  I can't help but think that there may be some problems/solutions popping up in forums the language of which I can't understand!

Granted, I haven't found an automatic translation tool that does a very good job, but often they can give you a general idea of the sense of a message.
better still.. we need to get more people into posting GOOD forum solutions to the wiki, then multi-lingual folks have something to work with and a place to publish translated solutions.

website looks good.. the top looks great, but perhaps a bit more color underneath in the news titles or something. and don't forget the "new and improved" paypal graphics. 
Last edited by kermit on Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eternity (n); 1. infinite time, 2. a seemingly long or endless time, 3. the length of time it takes a frozen pizza to cook when you're starving.
4,930,000,000 (n); 1. a very large number, 2. the approximate world population in 1986 when Microsoft Corp issued its IPO. 3. Microsoft's net profit (USD) for the quarter (3 months) ending 31 March 2007.
CMSMS migration and setup services | Hosting with CMSMS installed and ready to go | PM me for Info
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

Looks very nice but...

The top quote is repeated in the first line of content, CMS Made Simple provides a fast and easy way to create a web site........

The tabs general features etc... are too wide for Ff moving the For Programmers button under...
tristan
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by tristan »

Glad to see you guys made the submenus bigger, however the submenus themselves broke, if you view the site with Opera, during the process. Please let me know if you need any screenshots from me.
Signex

Post by Signex »

Really like the new looks!

The tabs on the frontpage dont show well in FF though and the submenu items dont look correct in Opera.

Other than that, very nice !
cb2004
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by cb2004 »

Opera has a market share of 0.66%. Which begs the question whats the point :p.

Return to “General Discussion”