CG Calendar

General project discussion. NOT for help questions.
pierrepercee
Forum Members
Forum Members

CG Calendar

Post by pierrepercee »

Hello,

First of all thanks to the developers for their important work of migrating the CG modules. Lot of time,I know...

I had already pointed it out, it seems to me that replacing CGcalendar by LIse poses quite a few problems. In fact, it will be very difficult to obtain such a powerful module.
As this type of module is really part of the basic panoply of many CMS, it seems to me that its rewriting should almost be considered. I know it's a lot easier to write than to do.
If there is a small hope to see this module rewritten and functional with php 8...
I make no secret of having a personal interest in it. However I really believe that it is important that such a module remains available.
Rolf
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: CG Calendar

Post by Rolf »

I just moved one site from CGCalendar to a LISE instance. That worked great for me.
Only thing that isn't available is a recurring event feature, but I did not need that.
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

It's fine for small sites. For larger projects you're probably correct, someone(s) will need to sponsor a developer to fork or build a replacement module.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
pierrepercee
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by pierrepercee »

Hello Digi3,

I completly agree. Right now I won't even be able to take out 50 euros so that will be for later. I imagine that the porting of this module, which is already the porting of an earlier module, requires several days of work if we want it to be done seriously. Saying 400 euros/day , substantial... It is quite unlikely that a CMSMS user can take out such money so easily.
So why not launch a subscription, say at 50 euros / person, the amount of which would be donated to the interested developer if it is high enough.
In troubleshooting, punctually, and to keep a base usable by a wide audience, this would be a solution.
Thereafter, new developers should really get involved in CMSMS... This is another topic.
betinajessen

Post by betinajessen »

Multi day events do work in FullCalendar view. I just tested a 3 and a 3.5 day event... worked fine.

The problem you may be seeing is due to when the end-date of a multi-day event actually is.

Return to “General Discussion”