Smarty problem with {cms_version} in footer? - Resolved

A place to discuss the testing process in beta cycles or against SVN for the CMS Made Simple CORE package.
casa

Smarty problem with {cms_version} in footer? - Resolved

Post by casa »

On a fresh install on the default template, with no changes to anything, I got this error in the footer bar:
Fatal error: Smarty error: [in globalcontent:footer line 2]: syntax error: unrecognized tag 'cms_version' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 580) in C:\Apache2\htdocs\cmsms\lib\smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1095
I didn't do anything other than follow the installation instructions and view the index.php page on localhost after finishing the install. I made no changes to anything.

Running on my laptop, here's what I'm running:

* PHP Version 5.1.4
    * Apache/2.0.58 (Win32)
    * MySQL Version 4.1.7
    * CMS Made Simple Version 0.13 (downloaded 2006-08-25)

After removing {cms_version} from the footer, the Smarty Error went away.

Once this goes live, I will be running on older versions of everything. I'm not sure what, but I know that PHP will not be version 5. It will be hosted at godaddy.com. I don't know if this is a true bug, or if it's just particular to my AMP install on this windows laptop.

Thanks,
Alisa
Last edited by casa on Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Smarty problem with {cms_version} in footer?

Post by Greg »

does the file function.cms_version.php exist in your plugins directory?
Greg
casa

Post by casa »

I don't know. Just installed this, so not sure where to look. I can probably find it, but I would think that would be something that would have been in the initial install. This is not something I added, but was there on the default template.

I had gone into the lib->content.functions file and commented out this line:

Code: Select all

//use_sub_dirs doesn't work in safe mode
		if (ini_get("safe_mode") != "1")
			$this->use_sub_dirs = true;
but that didn't make the error go away. I have safe_mode turned off in the php.ini.

After doing a global serch on cms_version, I found this entry in the changelog file:
Version 0.2 -- Mon Jul 05 2004
-----------------
* Added a cms_version plugin
and this function in plugins\function.cms_versionname.php:

Code: Select all

function smarty_cms_function_cms_versionname() {
    global $CMS_VERSION_NAME;
    return $CMS_VERSION_NAME;
} ## smarty_function_cms_versionname
Thanks,
Alisa
casa

Post by casa »

On my post for help, it was suggested that I check to see if
Is file plugins/function.cms_version.php present
was present. The file was not present. I downloaded again and the file was there on the second download. I just saved that file in the plugins folder and the initial problem was resolved.

The question now is, Why was that file missing from the first download which was done about 9 or 10 days ago???

Thanks,
Alisa
casa

Re: Smarty problem with {cms_version} in footer? - Resolved

Post by casa »

Through a bit of dective work and help from people that know more than I do, it was finally discovered that I had a bad download. I had several files missing. I redownloaded and the problem was resolved.

Thanks to everyone for all their help.

Return to “[locked] Quality Assurance”