Please could Archiver be removed from the Module Manager

A place to discuss the testing process in beta cycles or against SVN for the CMS Made Simple CORE package.
uptoeleven
Forum Members
Forum Members

Please could Archiver be removed from the Module Manager

Post by uptoeleven »

I don't know where to post this. It is a quality assurance issue as much as anything else.

Archiver is no longer compatible with the latest version of CMS Made Simple, however it is still in the latest list of modules in the Module Manager. Archiver currently prevents users from update Global Content Blocks in CMS1.7.1 and as such should be removed from the Module Manager until this problem is fixed.

I highlighted the problem last month and have not seen any change to the module itself so presume that maintaining module compatibility is not a priority. Therefore it should be removed from the Module Manager repository until it is fixed, to prevent other people from having to go directly into the database and making GCB updates by hand (not fun).
jmcgin51
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Please could Archiver be removed from the Module Manager

Post by jmcgin51 »

I disagree that it should be removed, but would recommend instead that it be not shown as compatible for the 1.7.x tree.  There are a number of users still using 1.6 for various reasons, and Archiver is still quite useful there.  Granted, 1.6.x is no longer officially supported...

Have you contacted the module developer to see if he is working on the compatibility issue?
sjg
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Please could Archiver be removed from the Module Manager

Post by sjg »

It's actually a Core bug.

To fix it, edit CMS_ROOT/admin/edithtmlblob.php

Change line 137 from:

Code: Select all

Events::SendEvent('Core', 'EditGlobalContentPre', array('global_content' => &$blobobj));
to:

Code: Select all

Events::SendEvent('Core', 'EditGlobalContentPre', array('global_content' => &$the_blob));
and Archiver works fine.
Many modules available from the http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org
The CMS Made Simple Developer Cookbook is now available from Packt Publishers!

Return to “[locked] Quality Assurance”