SEO Issues..

A place to discuss the testing process in beta cycles or against SVN for the CMS Made Simple CORE package.
charleyhankins
Forum Members
Forum Members

SEO Issues..

Post by charleyhankins »

When I check my site for Search Engine Optimization I get returned with the following information:
  • Your Web page does not appear to have a "Keywords" Meta tag
  • Your Web page does not appear to have a "Description" tag.
Apparently, the tags listed in the layout are not being spidered or picked up. 

Alternatively, when I place information in the "Metadata" section for a page, the information displays at the top of the body of the site, above the resulting page.

These are serious problems when trying to get my customers' site rankings moved up through Google and LiveSite.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: SEO Issues..

Post by calguy1000 »

if you provided information as to EXACTLY  how' you were implementing the metadata stuff, somebody might be able to help you.

Until you provide some details, as to EXACTLY what your problem is, and EXACTLY how your trying to solve it, AND you follow the posts on how to ask a question so you may actually get help, and alot of the other sticky posts in this site ... your post is useless.

The 'serious problems' you mention are yours, and yours alone until you give people some information to help you with.

Please don't waste our time, or yours.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
charleyhankins
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: SEO Issues..

Post by charleyhankins »

::)  You're correct.  I know better than that! My apologies.  I just fired off without even looking at the docs first.  I also searched and found my solutions to what I thought was a bug.  Thanks for all you do.  You guys are great!  (I'll never let that happen again).

CH

Return to “[locked] Quality Assurance”