Easier method of installing SVN.

A place to discuss the testing process in beta cycles or against SVN for the CMS Made Simple CORE package.
RonnyK
Support Guru
Support Guru

Easier method of installing SVN.

Post by RonnyK »

Is there a method thinkable to make it easier to install from SVN, or shouldn't every change in the SVN be reflected in a sub-release of the module.

At this moment a lot of topics are pointing to fixes in the SVN and as many replys are about questions how these files should be pulled/installed.

Wouldn't it be wise to create a bugfix-version for every build in the SVN, reflecting the FIX that has taken place. The ModuleManager should then only reflect the latest version, as it would grow extensively. In other software deliveries, there is version control at a similar way,

X.YY.ZZZ, where X stands for a mayor release, YY stands for a minor release, and ZZZ reflects bugfixes within the release. Only functional changes are changing X.YY.

Ronny
Pierre M.

Re: Easier method of installing SVN.

Post by Pierre M. »

Hello Ronny and all,

I like the .ZZZ frequent FIX releases idea. This way nasty bugs don't spread for too long. The more users run the current stable fixed release, the more the support team rests ;)

I don't like the "access/run SVN for fixes" moto : it defeats the .ZZZ frequent FIX release effort as new dev bugs get mixed with stable .ZZZ support.

So I agree with Ronny about this .ZZZ releases idea.

Pierre M.

Return to “[locked] Quality Assurance”