Batch page update

Submit and proof-read articles for the documentation here. Anyone is welcome to contribute!
gocreative
Power Poster
Power Poster

Batch page update

Post by gocreative »

I would like the ability to change basic properties on any page of the website from within a single admin page. For example:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.0 Home -- [x] Active -- [x] Show in menu -- [Parent] -- [Template] -- [Alias] -- [URL]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.0 Contact Us -- [x] Active -- [ ] Show in menu -- [Parent] -- [Template] -- [Alias] -- [URL]

Every page on the site would be listed here, allowing admin to quickly change settings on any page. It could either be a dedicated 'Batch update' page, or the above properties could be edited on the current admin page listing using AJAX.
uniqu3

Re: Batch page update

Post by uniqu3 »

This is already included in listcontent.php, the Page list.
Check pages that you want to change, scroll to bottom, select your option from "With Selected:" option list.
gocreative
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Batch page update

Post by gocreative »

Yeah I know, but it's not that I necessarily want to change all pages to have the same settings. I want to be able to see all basic settings at once, change them individually for each page, then save the changes.

The way it works now, you would have to go through all of the pages that you wanted to have the same values, apply them, then do the next batch of setting changes for other pages, and so on.

I guess it's not that different, just slightly quicker if you wanted to change a lot of page attributes individually.

Return to “Suggestions, Modifications & Corrections”