You'd like to be in the Documentation Team? Post your name here!

Submit and proof-read articles for the documentation here. Anyone is welcome to contribute!
westis

You'd like to be in the Documentation Team? Post your name here!

Post by westis »

For those of you willing to contribute to the documentation on a regular basis, that is at least every week, post your name in this thread.
  • Write how long you've used CMS Made Simple and what you're level of knowlede of CMSMS is.
  • Also write what you are willing to contribute with: writing articles for which sections, just reviewing/proof-reading or if you can translate to another language.
  • The Docs team is then keeping a list of who is willing to do what and organizing sub-teams if they find it necessary.
Anyone can still write and submit an article, according to the structure of the New Handbook at docs.cmsmadesimple.org. See guidelines at http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... 755.0.html
Last edited by westis on Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gich

Re: You'd like to be in the Documentation Team? Post your name here!

Post by gich »

Hi westies

Include me on the documentation team, I have only used cms made simple for the last 2 weeks, creating basic sites but I am sure I will have something to contribute, thank you

currently only one site is ready.

www.autoappraisallimited.com
Olaf
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Olaf »

translations to dutch, Westie. sign me up! Maybe also writing articles but that depends on available time.
experimented since version .8 with cmsms and build about 5 production sites.
westis

Post by westis »

Great gitch and Olaf!

Thanks for your will to contribute to this important part of the development of CMS Made Simple.

I'm not the leader of the Development Team myself (if there is any?), but took the initiative to this sub-forum to get this documentation process organized. At the beginning of next week I will have more time to begin writing some articles for the documentation and later translate some to Swedish. Feel free to write anything when you have the time!

It's great that the docs also can be translated to Dutch! There is a basic guide in Dutch that TNTH wrote for version 0.9, it would be great if this also can be translated to English and adapted for version 0.10!  It can be found here: http://help.tekstendesign.nl/manual.pdf. Then we could put put these different guides in its own section of the documentation.

Hopefully we will be quite a few people contributing to this process and then I'm sure that there will be a full documentation in good time before the release of version 1.0!

Best wishes,
Daniel Westergren "Westis"
westis

Post by westis »

Thanks, Patricia!!

The latest version of the documentation articles will always be at http://www.cmsmadesimple.org/Documentation.shtml, so what's here in the forum may change before it's uploaded to the Documentation section of the web-site.

I'm not sure yet where we'll put the different translations, as multilingual support in CMSMS is still in the future. But in the meantime, post the translations here and when there is a good way to present the different translations we'll put them in their proper place on the site.

Thanks!
westis

Post by westis »

Patricia wrote: About where to put the translated stuff. I have always thought the easiest way would be to have languages at one level, and their articles (installation, getting started, etc..) under that level for each language, using another instance of menu starting at child level.
Then have a menu with flags or text to link to each language.
Yeah, that's a good idea! Only that now the different levels in the menu are formatted differently. And if we then would start from the second level it wouldn't look so good with several levels.

But maybe just flags to the different translation pages on the Documentation start page? Like next to where the Note is now, at the top? The difficult thing then is how to show Documentation as active in the top menu...

Hmm, difficult stuff...
Patricia wrote: I will translate from what I find in forum then.
I think it would be better if you translate from what's already in the Documentation section. Otherwise it may be that it is changed and then you would have to change the translation too... The articles in the forum may not be the latest.

Thanks a lot for translating!!
bruce

Post by bruce »

I think it's time to give something back to the CMSMS community, so I'm willing to contribute during my holydays. I'd like to translate the User Handbook to Spanish. I've already followed the steps mentioned here, so the TOC and its inline version are now translated to Spanish (you can check them out here and here, respectively), but neither the header nor the footer shows the changes I've introduced to place "Español" among the available languages.

Does anybody have to aprove those changes? If so, once "Español" appears on header and footer I'll start translating the User Handbook.
Last edited by bruce on Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
westis

Post by westis »

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for being willing to translate the documentation to Spanish!

You had missed closing the tag in the LanguageHeader and LanguageFooter, that's why Spanish didn't appear. I've changed that, so now you should see Espanol in the header and footer too. :)
3dcandy

Post by 3dcandy »

Stick me in for something...
proof reading, articles....you name it, I'll give it a go.
CMSMS user for only the last month or 2, but loving it!

:)
Christophe Lambrechts

Post by Christophe Lambrechts »

I (Christophe Lambrechts) will do some work on the Dutch (translation) version of the documentation. I can not give any garanty that I will do some work every week, because of my studies. Sorry, but I hope it is some help.

Greets Christophe
Mantlet
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Mantlet »

Hi,

Been a while since anything has been posted here. I got the email about translators needed. Wanted to log in to the translations site, but none of my logins I use in conjunction with CMSMS seem to work.

Am I overlooking something or do I need to register somewhere seperately?

My native language is Dutch, so I can help with the translations. If I can find the time English isn't a great problem, so I could produce documentation. But time is more of an issue than language and spelling.
alby

Post by alby »

Mantlet wrote: My native language is Dutch, so I can help with the translations. If I can find the time English isn't a great problem, so I could produce documentation. But time is more of an issue than language and spelling.
Request to join Dutch/Nederlands project

Alby
RonnyK
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by RonnyK »

Alby, Christophe,

Christophe is already in the Dutch translations team. This topic is for documentation, so not the translation of the modules, but for the documenting of the way it works, installs is to be used etc.... Like the WIKI acts atm.

Ronny
traducteurFR

Post by traducteurFR »

Hi,
I would like to offer my help to translate english doc in french, thanking all of the develloppers who build this very useful cms.
chuccaville
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by chuccaville »

Please feel free to add me as a "hybrid" editor. I am native in English an German. AND: I am NOT a web developer, I am a marketing guy that loves to talk and write...

;D

Chuccaville

Return to “Suggestions, Modifications & Corrections”