Translating pieces of the User Handbook to Dutch. Pls. clarify Eng. (solved)

Submit and proof-read articles for the documentation here. Anyone is welcome to contribute!
Art-art

Translating pieces of the User Handbook to Dutch. Pls. clarify Eng. (solved)

Post by Art-art »

Hi,

I'm trying to make some translations of the User Handbook to the Dutch language. First because it's useful for the CMSMS community.  Secondly to improve my own knowledge since I just started using CMSMS about half a year ago.

I'm currently working through "Quick Install via FTP". Now I'm a little confused by the last 3 sentences of the 10th step:

"It may be insufficient simply to observe that the ALL check box has been ticked assuming that ''all'' permissions have been granted.
You may have to run a query, for which a ''go'' button may be positioned nearby that does this for you.
Go back to the control panel, back to where you were before (e.g. MySQLdatabase) and hit the ''go'' button."

The first one in unclear to me. Does it say:
"It might be enough to check that ALL...." or
”You might need to do more than....” or
something completely else?

For the second and third sentence:
I guess these sentences are clear to more experienced people. For a less experienced person (like myself) these sentences are not really explaining what should happen.
Could someone please reconsider these sentences or rephrase them for me so I can translate the actual meaning into Dutch?
Last edited by Art-art on Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
cyberman

Re: Translating pieces of the User Handbook to Dutch. Please clarify English phr

Post by cyberman »

Hi Arthur,
Arthur wrote: I'm trying to make some translations of the User Handbook to the Dutch language.
To the first - many thanks for your commitment.
Now I'm a little confused by the last 3 sentences of the 10th step:
These sentences are not directly related to CMSMS install procedure. These are instructions what you have to do with your database manager (e.g. PHPMyAdmin or other).

Have made some changes. Hope it's clearer now ...
Art-art

Re: Translating pieces of the User Handbook to Dutch. Please clarify English phrase.

Post by Art-art »

Hi Cyberman,

Thanks for your support. I think your changes made the case clearer for me.
Since I can't reproduce the install.php screens I can't see what happens. Is the 'go' button located on this screen, at the phpmyadmin page or somewhere else?
cyberman

Re: Translating pieces of the User Handbook to Dutch. Please clarify English phr

Post by cyberman »

Arthur wrote: at the phpmyadmin page
:)
Art-art

Re: Translating pieces of the User Handbook to Dutch. Please clarify English phrase.

Post by Art-art »

Hi Cyberman,

For some silly reason I can't enter phpMyAdmin currently. I can't see for myself what you mean. I finished the translation and stored it in the Dutch documentation.

Kind regards,

Arthur

Return to “Suggestions, Modifications & Corrections”