Same word different language

Have a translation or something? It goes here. This can mean modules, documentation, or CMSMS itself!
azilgaard

Same word different language

Post by azilgaard »

Hello,
This is a small issue, I know, and it has been asked and answered before but I was unable to post a reply because the old thread was too old, and I was asked to start a new thread... so bear with me.

I've been working in the Translation Center (TC) recently. In my language several words are the same as in English like Status, Alias, Type, Downloads among many others.

What happens is that the TC doesn't recognize the translation so it looks as if a certain number of translations are still missing.

In the old thread it was suggested that you put an empty character before or after the word. At first it appears to work, but when I hit the Submit Changes button TC reverts this action.

It's a small issue... still it would be very nice if you could readily see which translations are in fact complete! This would also serve as a welcomed validation of your work translating everything - it's really not always a simple or easy task!

Would it be possible to have something like a checkbox next to the translation field to indicate that a word doesn't need translation because it's identical to the English word?

One more question: What do the yellow borders around some of the fields mean? The translated text is very similar, but NOT identical to the English text so what's up with the yellow?
reneh
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Same word different language

Post by reneh »

Yeah this is a known "issue".
Its made FR about a way to mark it so right side are accepted as translated even if equal to english.

Keep us bugged!
ReneH 8-)
A search will save you hours waiting for an answer! Image

Return to “Translations”