How do I make/update translations? [OLD]

Have a translation or something? It goes here. This can mean modules, documentation, or CMSMS itself!
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

How do I make/update translations? [OLD]

Post by Ted »

EDIT January 7, 2006, by Patricia:

A new tool does exist now on how to work on translations, please read the announcement:
http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... 639.0.html

____ old text below_____

We're always looking for new translations of the CMS admin system.  We only have a couple, so there are definatly a lot left to choose from.  :)  We need all the help we can get.

Making a translation is easy.  Just copy the current English translation to a separate directory.  Then translate all of the English text into the new language.  Now, copy the en_US.nls.php file to a matching nls.php for your language.  In that file, change all en_US to the new locale, modify the encoding if necessary and that's about it.

One very important note:  Make sure every term is on only one line.  If any translations have any kind of carriage return in them, it can throw off some of our shell scripts and make stuff not work.  I usually check the incoming files when they come in, but help us by making sure it doesn't happen.

If you go to the admin system now, the new language should automatically be detected and should work if you select it from the dropdown.

Get a hold of any of the devs, either here on the forum, or on IRC and we'll let you know how to get the new translation files to us.

Thanks!
The CMS Crew
Last edited by reneh on Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

How do I make/update translations?

Post by Anonymous »

hi wishy,
just let me know if anybody has already contacted you concerning a german translation? if no, i could do one..
cheers
p.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

That would be wonderful. I'm really surprised that we didn't get German sooner. If possible, please come into the IRC room and talk with us. If not, please send me off an email before you start.

Thanks!
clausy

German Translation

Post by clausy »

Hi,

I'm a new CMS user from Germany. I could help with the german translations if you still need someone.

Clausy
hoetzelk

Re: German Translation

Post by hoetzelk »

I'm a new CMS user from Germany. I could help with the german translations if you still need someone.
@Clausy:

I also started some weeks ago with the german translation, but it's not finished because some terms were mistakable. Shall I send to you by PM?

KH
Thijs

Post by Thijs »

To all translators: from version 0.7 and up, the WYSIWYG editor can also be translated. I'll write a howto later on, and i'll ask Wishy to add it to the translation sticky
clausy

Post by clausy »

If I could help with the translations of some terms, you can just write me a instant message or email or a pm.

clausy
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

As far as I know, no one is working on one.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Thanks for the spelling mistakes. For some reason, I can't type to save my life, even after all these years. Anyway...

As for htmlarea. Basically, if you send it NO instead of EN, there MUST be a .no lang file for EVERY plugin in htmlarea. It's a pain. Other translators have done this in the past (look at .cz), but it's not required. For some reason, htmlarea is not smart enough to just switch to EN if there is one translation missing. Seems like shotty programming to me. But I won't get too into my feelings on htmlarea here. :)
Toam

Swedish translation on its way

Post by Toam »

I have started to move an old website to CMSms and in the process I have created a Swedish translation. The translation is complete, but I plan to use it my self for some time to check if the translated texts actually makes sense before I post it.

/Tobias
jonash

Re: Swedish translation on its way

Post by jonash »

Toam wrote:I have started to move an old website to CMSms and in the process I have created a Swedish translation. The translation is complete, but I plan to use it my self for some time to check if the translated texts actually makes sense before I post it.

/Tobias
Jag kan kolla också, om du vill..

Jonas
Tim_j

typos in Gallery nls.php files

Post by Tim_j »

I will fix the typos for Gallery 1.5

thanks,

Jens
mk30

making lithuanian translation

Post by mk30 »

One more translation for CMS backend coming soon, If there is any Lithuanians pls contact me for to share your ideas about translation (terms etc.)

Question where to send translation when finished:)
I think I will join developer army of this CMS :wink:
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Very cool. wishy -at- cmsmadesimle -dot- org is where you should send completed translations. Thanks!
ArnoTeigseth

Spanish

Post by ArnoTeigseth »

I'll start a spanish translation now.

I've got the 0.9.2 for starters.

Arno

Return to “Translations”