Location of files

Have a translation or something? It goes here. This can mean modules, documentation, or CMSMS itself!
docman
Forum Members
Forum Members

Location of files

Post by docman »

Hi, I have developed a site in Hungarian. Now I would like to duplicate it in English. Hence my questions. My formost questions is wheter CMSMS had a language file. If so, where is it located?

My more specific questions:
1. I use the default template with CSSMenu top + 2 columns
2. I cannot fine the text with something like "Jumpt to to of page"
3. I cannot find the text that shows up in the search module's little window saying line "text term.."
4. I cannot fine the text "read more..." that shows up at the bottom of News item previews.

Thanks for your help in advance.
reneh
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Location of files

Post by reneh »

some is in yhe source of your template....
and others is strings in each actual module - like Search.

Its many ways to make a site to have more languages. try a search for multilingual in forum...
and maybe this direct link:
http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... 099.0.html
ReneH 8-)
A search will save you hours waiting for an answer! Image
docman
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by docman »

Thanks for your feedback.

The only spot where I failed finding the text to translate is in Search Window saying "Enter Search ..." or similar for entering the search term.

I looked everytwhere, like the Search Module.php, but could not find the occurence of the text. I did find the variable holding the serch term enetered. It is $searchtext.

I did look at the source of the page where the Search Module shows up. The relevant code is this:

Code: Select all

<div id="search">
      <form id="cntnt01moduleform_1" method="get" action="http:...">
<div class="hidden">
<input type="hidden" name="mact" value="Search,cntnt01,dosearch,0" />
<input type="hidden" name="cntnt01returnid" value="15" />
</div>

<label for="cntnt01searchinput">Search: </label><input type="text" class="search-input" id="cntnt01searchinput" name="cntnt01searchinput" size="20" maxlength="50" value="Keresett kifejezés..." onfocus="if(this.value==this.defaultValue) this.value='';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value=this.defaultValue;"/><input class="search-button" name="submit" value="Submit" type="submit" />

<input type="hidden" name="cntnt01passthru_News_summarytemplate" value="summary_template" />

</form>

</div>

The current value of the text input on the form is "Keresett kifejezés..." which is equivalent to "Enter Search Term" or so. I suppose I should find the form "cntnt01moduleform_1", but so far I could not.

Thanks so much.
Last edited by docman on Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peciura

Post by Peciura »

docman: is it this phrase you are looking for?
Extensions » Search » Default Search Text ?

Alternatively you can customize lang files place it on "/module_custom/Search/lang"
http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... #msg189358
docman
Forum Members
Forum Members

[SOLVED]Re: Location of files

Post by docman »

Thanks. Eventually, I was able to enter the term as a part of the module call.

Return to “Translations”