more information on the translation center ?

Have a translation or something? It goes here. This can mean modules, documentation, or CMSMS itself!
bess
Language Partners
Language Partners

more information on the translation center ?

Post by bess »

Hello guys.

I am a member of the French team translator and I meet a recurring problem on the translation center. I don't know what module to translate  ???

of course : It would be nice to translate everything  :P

but between a module used by 10 people and a module used by 2000 people, i prefer to translate the most important ! and it is a missing data currently.

So two questions :

-> someone could give us a list of the 100 most used modules.
-> can we improve the module to display the number of hit (during the last month ?)

with time and courage everything will be translated but in the meantime, we must focus on priorities

thank you in advance for your answers

Bess.
reneh
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: more information on the translation center ?

Post by reneh »

Hi and thanks for your work on translations!

Yeah - I understand your frustration of the overwhelming much to translate.
Personally I started with the ones I used on my own projects. After this I started to do the one I felt was most used. A good hint is the downloads. You find the 10 most downloaded in right column on this page http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/
There you also see new releases (a little late to get included in that release but you get a hint of modules its working on) and you also see new project you may be interested to translate....

Best regards
Translation Team
ReneH 8-)
A search will save you hours waiting for an answer! Image
bess
Language Partners
Language Partners

Post by bess »

thanks you for your answer =)

obviously all modules of the top ten are already translated into French so the top 10 is not very helpful. (I had already thought of this trick ;D)

So I have two solutions :
- translate according to my feelings
- ope that someone posts one day this famous list  ::)

who knows

Have a nice day. Bess
Franck
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Franck »

bess wrote: obviously all modules of the top ten are already translated into French so the top 10 is not very helpful. (I had already thought of this trick ;D)
I have to disagree a bit : some ot those modules are not completely translated as displayed on the translation center, some fields among which help ones are not (e.g. Formbuilder, am working on it). Is it not a kind of bug, when some fields are not translated at all, but just edited (I guess) to be no longer marked red ?

Another thing : I - and another user who'd like to join the french project -  can't find the request to join button on the forge related page : are we missing something ?

And by the way, I also asked myself which modules should I translate first... so no easy solution to help I'm afraid.
bess
Language Partners
Language Partners

Post by bess »

for Tomek : http://www.cmsmadesimple.fr/uploads/doc ... ucteur.pdf page 8

if you have a question, you know where find me
Franck
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Franck »

Ok I hadn't seen the new version of this document, thanx for the info, Bess. (yes I know where to find you ;) )

I just modified my recap' post on the french section of the forum.
Last edited by Franck on Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Translations”