[solved]translate my own module

Have a translation or something? It goes here. This can mean modules, documentation, or CMSMS itself!
bess
Language Partners
Language Partners

[solved]translate my own module

Post by bess »

hello every body.

After one Week of reading this part of forum and asking help on IRC i'm totally desesperate.

I'm french and i realized a module (shootbox) in 2 languages : English and French. in 2 files

./trunk/lang/en_US.php
./trunk/lang/ext/fr_FR.php

But it don't display my module in Translation Center.

I discovered this message http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... 639.0.html
If you are a module developer, and if you internationalised your module (= you have a lang folder with your language in it), then your module is listed in the Translation Center.

Please do not commit any language file other than the one for your module’s natural language (actually the natural language of the module as listed in the Forge categorisation). For example, TagRep’s natural language is English (even though the author speaks German). Then only en_US.php should be in the module repository now.

Your natural lang file (like en_US.php) should still be directly in the /lang folder. From there you'll grab all translations files, those will reside now in /lang/ext/ folder (all of them, no more separate folders for each language).
okay i'm drop the french file on SVN and ... nothing in Translation Center.

so what's the probleme  ???

thanks
Last edited by bess on Thu May 21, 2009 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alby

Re: translate my own module

Post by alby »

bess wrote: I discovered this message http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... 639.0.html
If you are a module developer, and if you internationalised your module (= you have a lang folder with your language in it), then your module is listed in the Translation Center.

Please do not commit any language file other than the one for your module’s natural language (actually the natural language of the module as listed in the Forge categorisation). For example, TagRep’s natural language is English (even though the author speaks German). Then only en_US.php should be in the module repository now.

Your natural lang file (like en_US.php) should still be directly in the /lang folder. From there you'll grab all translations files, those will reside now in /lang/ext/ folder (all of them, no more separate folders for each language).
You must continue to reading......

The command to put in your module SVN is .....
You must run this command

Alby
bess
Language Partners
Language Partners

Post by bess »

thank a lot, my english wasn't good enought to understand this part. i'm thought it was dedicated to another point...

One last question. (if you know) I was setted the svn:externals (under turtoiseSVN) as asked in the message and committed the folder "lang". But nothing happend in Translation Center.

So :
-Must i wait a specific hour ?
-Must i wait a validation ?
-Must i set the property "recursively" ?
bess
Language Partners
Language Partners

Post by bess »

an another mistake : I left the folder

./trunk/lang/ext

now it is deleted, i compared the svn property with another module (cgBlog), it is identical. But nothing happend in Translation Center -_-' ...

So the same questions come back :

-Must i wait a specific hour ?
-Must i wait a validation ?

Thank a lot
Rolf
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Rolf »

@ Bess
I'm french and i realized a module (shootbox) in 2 languages : English and French. in 2 files
Now it's in three languages  ;)
Dutch is translated.

Greetz, Rolf
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
bess
Language Partners
Language Partners

Post by bess »

thank you very very much Rolf

hoping that you like this module too :)

I do not know what has been done, but my module now appears ... so solved :)

if someone wanted to correct my English? thank you in advance
Last edited by bess on Thu May 21, 2009 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Translations”