Willing to assist with translation of documentation to Swedish

Have a translation or something? It goes here. This can mean modules, documentation, or CMSMS itself!
westis

Willing to assist with translation of documentation to Swedish

Post by westis »

I've decided to go for CMS Made Simple now, as it is what I have been looking for. I can therefore volunteer to help with assisting translating the documentation to Swedish, if there are enough people who would have use for that. I may not have so much time, so it would be great if there are other Swedes who are willing to help out with this as well. Otherwise it may take some time.

My question then, how do I go abouts in practice to translate to Swedish, like where do I put the translated files? I suppose it will be through the Wiki somehow, but I'm not too familiar with how that works.
roan

Re: Willing to assist with translation of documentation to Swedish

Post by roan »

Count me in for the swedish team. I've started off in a small scale, translating some modules. In doing that a missed someone to debug my translation. It's fairly easy to translate single words or sentences, but put in its right context a basically correct translation can look silly. So, a team is kind of necessary.

/Roan
westis

Post by westis »

Sounds great, Roan! What modules have you already translated? Are the files included in the official releases of the modules or do you have them somewhere else for download?

When they have set up multiple language on the docs site we can start for real and somehow divide up the work. I hope there are more Swedes out there willing to help out too. :D
roan

Post by roan »

Sorry for a slow reply.

I translated Comments, News, PHPLayers, RSS, TinyMCE. I sent it to Wishy so I guess it's all put into "production" by now. Please feel free to make corrections to any error you find.

I have also tried UserID and ProtectedPages, but the language setting feature of of those modules won't work for me. I started a dialogue with Silmarillon about that in another thread, but I haven't had time to give him any proper feedback. My job has kept me quite busy lately.

/roan

Return to “Translations”