TinyMCE problem: can't translate "format" dropdown elements[SOLVED-see]

Have a translation or something? It goes here. This can mean modules, documentation, or CMSMS itself!
Vin

TinyMCE problem: can't translate "format" dropdown elements[SOLVED-see]

Post by Vin »

Hello,

I have a difficulty translating some elements for the TinyMCE, in the format dropdown there are still some {$lang_...} tags even though I have translated them... the file seems to have no effect on the translation...

Using the TinyMCE 2.2.3, the file: tinymce\jscripts\tiny_mce\themes\advanced\langs\cs.js, translating into Czech... Would like to share, but this strange problem makes me wonder...
Last edited by Vin on Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
reneh
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: TinyMCE problem: can't translate "format" dropdown elements

Post by reneh »

Hello there!

I found this problem some time ago. And together with the current Tiny dev for CMSMS we yesterday  corrected some of these strings to be the english ones. (The dev had to correct the lang files manualy to achive this.)
The problem in fact is that these strings not are in the CMSMS part of Tiny but in Tiny's own translations. So if Tiny is not translated to your language at Tiny itself it will not show in CMSMS either.

Test the latest v1.1.1 - hopefully its at least better.
Next step would be to help the Tiny ppl to translate the Tiny to your language also.

Best regards from
Translation team
ReneH 8-)
A search will save you hours waiting for an answer! Image
Vin

Re: TinyMCE problem: can't translate "format" dropdown elements

Post by Vin »

Well, I think part of the problem is the browser: at least with Firefox... I just found out I have to refresh without cache (Ctrl+f5) to apply the changes... I think I will post it in the forge...

Return to “Translations”