Wiki Will be Dropped

Discussion of the documentation project.
Jos
Support Guru
Support Guru

Wiki Will be Dropped

Post by Jos »

from: http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/viewtopi ... 78#p287378
calguy1000 wrote:Hi All.

As stated before, we are in the process of building a new (virtual) server to host the CMSMS websites, and migrating the sites from the old server to the new server.

There are still quite a few websites to migrate, upgrade and test, and we are doing it as we have time. However, we have decided that we will not be migrating or supporting the wiki any further. It will become unavailable once all other sites are migrated, and we shut down the server.

The wiki has gotten stale over the past few years, with very little correct, and relevant information going in there. We have however endeavored to copy all of the useful, correct, relevant and up-to-date information from the wiki into our new docs website.

Thank you.
I have put much effort in making wiki pages for my modules and it would be very disappointing to see it vanish just like that.

However, I also recognize that most of the information in the other Wiki pages is outdated.

Is it possible to create an extra tab on the Forge Projectpage where the Wiki-page can be copied to?

[edit]
Also... IIRC error messages in modules contain a link for "troubleshooting" that points to the Wiki. Where will they be redirected to?
[/edit]
Duketown

Re: Wiki Will be Dropped

Post by Duketown »

I agree with Jos, I did put in effort to get wiki in a better shape. Added also pages that are connected from within a couple of my modules.
I like the idea of Jos to have a separate documentation part (wiki framework or page that allows subpages) as a connection to a module in the forge.
Will module makers be allowed to make use of a part of the documentation website?
With regards to:
However, we have decided that we will not be migrating or supporting the wiki any further. It will become unavailable once all other sites are migrated, and we shut down the server..
Any idea when this will happen?
What is the developersteam vision of preparing supporting documentation that doesn't have to be part of a third parties helptext (so where should the third party put that documentation)?

Duketown

Return to “[locked] Documentation0ld”