Upcoming 1.0.3 Needs Testing

Project Announcements. This is read-only, as in... not for problems/bugs/feature request.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Upcoming 1.0.3 Needs Testing

Post by calguy1000 »

Work has been proceeding on the CMS trunk since 1.0.2 was delivered.  There are a number of bugs fixes, and even a significant number of enhancements (for a point release).

Recently though, in order to integrate other products (like Zencart) into CMS Made simple, some simple, but far reaching changes needed to be done.  Namely, some simple changes needed to be done in a relatively large amount of files to eliminate the need for a global $db object.  This effects mostly the admin interface, and shouldn't effect the frontend or module interfaces as much.

We would encourage everybody to do some testing on the latest trunk SVN release of CMS Made simple, or at the least, the latest nightly builds (starting tonite).  Please report any errors you found relating to methods called on unknown objects or other such errors, particularly those errors in core files.  Errors may also be found in (hopefully non core) modules that are erroneously relying on a global $db object.  It would be useful to know of these as well, though we're not sure if they'll get fixed in time for 1.0.3.  Errors in core modules will ofcourse be fixed.

The development team has spent considerable time adding functionality and fixing bugs for 1.0.3, and we hope that this is the last maintenance release before the next feature release, so any help you can give is appreciated.

Please post any questions you may have here, or send a message to the appropriate dev team member.  When posting, please either post the latest revision number (if using the current SVN version), or your daily build date so that we're not chasing our tails unneccisarily.

Thanks for your time and patience.

calguy1000
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
Russ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Upcoming 1.0.3 Needs Testing

Post by Russ »

calguy1000, perhaps telling people what they can replace the 'global $db' object with would be helpful?

I'm afraid Christmas is not a good time for me - way to busy, but I will see what I can do. As long as the modform.inc.php is fixed (no name attribute on form but name and label on everything else and classes on submit and cancel buttons... and enforce use of labels...)

You'll need to warn several module creates, several seem to rely on 'name' in the form, e.g. Album and some don't  put labels and name to a field. e.g. password field in FrontEndUser 1.1.2?

Sounds cool, how far has the Zencart integration gone?

Russ
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

The global $db object is gone, and now developers need to use the db object in the global $gCms

i.e:  global $gCms; $db =& $gCms->GetDb();

That's the biggest thing that changed.  Very little work has been done on the module api, and nothing has changed in the modules with respect to that as far as I know.  The rest of the fixes have been incremental.  This should be a very smooth upgrade for most people.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
jce76350
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by jce76350 »

Hi,

Fisrt thanks to the development team

I Use CMS revison 3567 13 december working well into SVN   in local
Runnig under Win XPSP2 Apache 1.33 PHP 4.31 Mysql 4.19

I have updated (Révision: 3612)

There is some problem and lot of errors
string(118) "Smarty error: [in template:17 line 9]: syntax error: unrecognized tag 'sitename' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php,
line 583)" string(115) "Smarty error: [in template:17 line 9]: syntax error: unrecognized tag 'title'
(Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 583)" string(116) "Smarty error: [in template:17 line 10]: syntax error: unrecognized tag
'title' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 583)" string(119) "Smarty error: [in template:17 line 12]: syntax error:
unrecognized tag 'metadata' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 583)" string(121) "Smarty error: [in template:17 line 15]:
syntax error: unrecognized tag 'stylesheet' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 583)" string(123) "Smarty error: [in
template:17 line 18]: syntax error: unrecognized tag 'cms_selflink' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 583)" string(123)
"Smarty error: [in template:17 line 19]: syntax error: unrecognized tag 'cms_selflink' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line
583)" string(123) "Smarty error: [in template:17 line 20]: syntax error: unrecognized tag 'cms_selflink'
(Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 583)" string(117) "Smarty error: [in template:17 line 52]: syntax error: unrecognized tag
'anchor' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 583)" string(117) "Smarty error: [in template:17 line 53]: syntax error:
unrecognized tag 'anchor' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 583)" string(123) "Smarty error: [in template:17 line 64]:
syntax error: unrecognized tag 'cms_selflink' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 583)" string(117) "Smarty error: [in
template:17 line 72]: syntax error: unrecognized tag 'search' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 583)" string(122) "Smarty
error: [in template:17 line 79]: syntax error: unrecognized tag 'breadcrumbs' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 583)"
string(115) "Smarty error: [in template:17 line 94]: syntax error: unrecognized tag 'menu' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php,
line 583)" string(116) "Smarty error: [in template:17 line 101]: syntax error: unrecognized tag 'news'
(Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 583)" string(117) "Smarty error: [in template:17 line 111]: syntax error: unrecognized
tag 'print' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 583)" string(117) "Smarty error: [in template:17 line 112]: syntax error:
unrecognized tag 'title' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 583)" string(119) "Smarty error: [in template:17 line 113]:
syntax error: unrecognized tag 'content' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 583)" string(118) "Smarty error: [in template:17
line 118]: syntax error: unrecognized tag 'anchor' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 583)" string(124) "Smarty error: [in
template:17 line 121]: syntax error: unrecognized tag 'cms_selflink' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 583)" string(124)
"Smarty error: [in template:17 line 122]: syntax error: unrecognized tag 'cms_selflink' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line
583)" string(126) "Smarty error: [in template:17 line 138]: syntax error: unrecognized tag 'global_content'
(Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 583)"

I see just in this page :

Navigation
News

In the Admin section there is also some problem
- Site Admin » Global Settings : message is Cache folder is not writable ?? Joke ?(I am under Win XPSP2 and the folder contains files)
and Checking write permission on f:\sites\test\cmsmadesimplet\tmp\cache Success
Checking write permission on f:\sites\test\cmsmadesimplet\tmp\templates_c Success
- Extensions » Modules The modules folder is not writable ?? Joke ?(I am under Win XPSP2)
- Extensions » --Add Me - module:Search string:search--
and many other same informations

So I have reinstall all the file from the cms-daily.tar.gz download 2006-12-23
Same errors and problem

So I have tested on a web site (running ...)
PHP Version 5.1.3RC4-dev  mysql 5.0.27  Linux dyn37-g5.priv.free.fr
install all the file from the cms-daily.tar.gz download 2006-12-23
All seem Ok

is the problem PhP4  or Windows ?

[glow=red,2,300]Update 5 hours later ;)[/glow] 
I have tested on an other web site  from the cms-daily.tar.gz
PHP Version 4.4.3-dev  mysql 5.0.27   Linux dyn28-g5.priv.free.fr
All is OK
So I think the problem is under Window only

JCE
Last edited by jce76350 on Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jean-Claude Etiemble
MichaelK

Post by MichaelK »

Please help me!

I upgraded to 1.0.3. I have to News modules, one I changed to Agenda, I edit all the news and News entries so this
much work.

When I login I get this error.
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/michael/domains/aylen-music.com/public_html/admin/login.php on line 97

WHen I refresh this site It works  ???

Then in Modules this error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/michael/domains/aylen-music.com/public_html/admin/listmodules.php on line 403

Please help me!
Last edited by MichaelK on Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Did you use the diff or the full upgrade?  Are you sure all files got uploaded?

I'm looking at line 97 of login.php, and it's blank.
MichaelK

Post by MichaelK »

Upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3..

Maybe the new RSS module? ???

** UPDATE ***
The site just works great but the admin :(

Site prefs
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/michael/domains/aylen-music.com/public_html/admin/siteprefs.php on line 139

FIXED

I mannualy put the files on the server and simply forget siteprefs.php and listmodules.php
So damn damn stupid!! Maybe it was the hard wind today haha, Netherlands!
Last edited by MichaelK on Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signex

Post by Signex »

I have just ran the upgrade on 3 websites with different modules and all, everthing went fine.
MichaelK

Post by MichaelK »

something on line 104  ???

filemanager/browser/default/frmresourceslist.html
line 104

ERROR
Last edited by MichaelK on Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Announcements”